'72 CSI on Hemmings

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
as usual, no affiliation...

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/bmw/3.0csi/1221150.html&refer=news

copy of text from ad:
Body Style: 3.0 CSi Mileage: 46799 Stock No.: 2263248 Condition: Excellent Interior: Blue Exterior: Silver

Description:
Just a beautiful 3.0 liter CSi coupe. Local car that was brought over from Europe in the mid 70's. Still the original color with one repaint done several years ago. Paint is quite nice with a few minor nicks and chips. Some small rust in the lower front of the passenger door. Underneath is very nice with all floors, rockers, exhaust, etc. all very solid. Chrome is very nice as well as is the glass and rubber trim. Trunk is original and also very rust free. BBS wheels were added and they and the tires are excellent. Interior is all original and in amazing shape considering the age. Seats, door panels, dash and headliner all show nicely. Door wood trim on both sides is peeling at the front. Car has been very well maintained and driving it shows this to be evident. Engine, trans, brakes, suspension all perform like they should. Fresh major service just completed and the car runs great. In my humble opinion this model is the prettiest car BMW ever made. Just a thrill to drive on an open road. Visit our website to see more photos of this beauty at www.classicmotorsdc.com. Call us today to schedule a test drive at (202) 244-7555 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (202) 244-7555 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.
$27,900

Bwana

Reaction score
Looks almost exactly like my car (when it's not in a million pieces :-D). A little spendy IMHO, you can see some rust around the shock tower inside the engine compartment.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Entered in our registry in Feb, now sold or consigned to this dealer perhaps? Interesting mounting of the seat belt retractor above the rear seat armrest, not the most elegant solution.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I kinda think the price is a little wishful thinking, based on the really good cars sold recently. nice wheels from this distance, although the clearance around those 17" wheels looks a bit tight.

gotta agree on the way the seatbelt reels are mounted. nice red screwdrivers in a broken tool box ... clean blue rag too. don't know if its the photos or if that interior really is that electric of a blue. no detail pix of the usual problem spots ... and nothing underneath.

i wish them well.

alanmcg

Reaction score
seat belt mount

yea, that seat belt is mounted in the perfect position to choke you to death in case the collision doesnt kill you.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It's blue velour which appears brighter. The blower motor cover in the engine compartment is painted over which might indicate a quickie paint job. That being said, I hope it sells for that!

I kinda think the price is a little wishful thinking, based on the really good cars sold recently. nice wheels from this distance, although the clearance around those 17" wheels looks a bit tight.

gotta agree on the way the seatbelt reels are mounted. nice red screwdrivers in a broken tool box ... clean blue rag too. don't know if its the photos or if that interior really is that electric of a blue. no detail pix of the usual problem spots ... and nothing underneath.

i wish them well.