3a1d8d0c0373652b4dd13a37a8e22ff0.jpg

6e6118f7f8cca2fd67ba8acaf23bf920.jpg

693cdb22cb6e5447a25a39e6097ed67e.jpg

Stefan

Reaction score
Bela!

Great works you done with your car!!!!

I'm impressed.

Regarding to the photos, you are “almost” finished and maybe have done the first test run?

I see there are a lot of new parts. Do you follow any budget for this restore?

I believe a lot of us (me included) do not keep track with the costs to restore an E9.
(I've saved all the receipts with my restoration so far, but do not dear to summarize them…) Perhaps when the car is 100% done, I will do that.

Bela, keep on posting pictures to influence all others on this forum.

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
Beautiful restoration...I would be afraid to take it out. One question...if its a CSi that means its european delivery...didnt' all those cars have the rear fog light next to the reverse lights? Mine does...so I am wondering if its country specific. Mine was an Italian delivery.
abe

DustyM

Reaction score
abe3.0CSi said:
Beautiful restoration...I would be afraid to take it out. One question...if its a CSi that means its european delivery...didnt' all those cars have the rear fog light next to the reverse lights? Mine does...so I am wondering if its country specific. Mine was an Italian delivery.
abe

I have an "Irish" car and mine has the fog light mounted under the bumper.

Jeff

Reaction score
block, exhaust manifold and power steering

Great looking car. I currently have everything out of my engine compartment and doing an engine rebuild. What did you do with your engine block, exhaust and power steering? They look black in your pictures. Were they sandblasted and then painted? Thanks. Jeff

bela22

Reaction score
Hi,
thanks for the comment.
The exhaust system is new(BMW).It's was cut in pieces for transport (before I bought it) so the welding is painted.
I don't know what exactly was done to the other parts,I'll ask the guy who is restoring it for me.Yes they're black.

bela22

Reaction score
Stefan,
thanks.No I haven't tested yet.
Yes I do have record of the money I pump in it.Is's quite costly.
At the end I'll let you know of the total,so the group can open a discussion wether I could sell the car fot the amount I invested.
:)