72 E9 csa on ebay

mr bump

Reaction score
Sorry but I just couldn't help... Honestly, how relevant are a vast service history and receipts for a parts car?

Yes, i can see that you "couldnt help yourself" like in many of your posts, but i suppose its easier to mock than to encourage eh?. But thank you for your useless input, the new owner of the said car is very happy with it and its due to its "VAST HISTORY", hes deceided to restore one of the very few tax exempt E9 coupes left. Lets hope when you wish to sell anything on here, your not met with the same negative urine extraction you have given.

Best of luck.

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mr Bump- With all due respect, the apparent neglect this vehicle has gone through overshadows ANY sort of minimal mileage it has, regardless of prior fastidious documentation. I'd say that even the most durable of components like glass should be suspect.

I DO hope the next owner reaps some treasures out of it, but it is difficult to see that happening from the photos. Perhaps you have seen this car in person and have a different perspective.

I am not familiar with the "tax free" status you mention, but if it has anything to do with restoring this to dependable drivability, I'd be very interested in how that economics works in this case.

Brystone

Reaction score
Tax free

In the U.K owners of vehicles built before 1st January 1973 can apply for Historic Vehicle Tax. This simply means they do not have to pay any road tax for the vehicle.

IS3FIFTY

Reaction score
Misleading

Yes, i can see that you "couldnt help yourself" like in many of your posts, but i suppose its easier to mock than to encourage eh?
You must be mistaking me for somone else. All my posts are courteous and I help others who have questions whenever I can.

Like anyone else on this forum, I'm responsible to raise a flag if I see something that is not appropriate. Your argument of the vast service history and low mileage is clearly not appropriate. This is a great argument if the car has been well maintained. Yours has not.

To begin with, this car has not been operated for the last 15 years and was left in total neglect all that time. A part which was new 16 years ago but was left to rot away in the elements is close to useless. Case in point, you had to remove all brakes from the car because they were seized.

Second, you mislead ebay viewers by saying that your plan was to restore this car but "time ran against you". In reality, you told everyone in this forum that you bought it as a donor car for your other project: http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7613

Your add is simply misleading. The truth is, what your selling is a title for a '72 E9 and a few parts. Period.

David

Site Donor
Reaction score
How does this car compare to others that come on the market in the UK ? It looks too far gone to me, but I recall Malc seems to be rebuilding his panel-by-panel so maybe this is all that's left. Here in the US its not too hard to find a better starting point, and Id have to guess that buying a cleaner candidate here to ship to the UK would be cheaper in the long run.

If cars like this are starting to become all that's left to restore, Id have to guess that cars already restored should start to appreciate--both aesthetically and financially.

mr bump

Reaction score
You must be mistaking me for somone else. All my posts are courteous and I help others who have questions whenever I can.

Like anyone else on this forum, I'm responsible to raise a flag if I see something that is not appropriate. Your argument of the vast service history and low mileage is clearly not appropriate. This is a great argument if the car has been well maintained. Yours has not.

To begin with, this car has not been operated for the last 15 years and was left in total neglect all that time. A part which was new 16 years ago but was left to rot away in the elements is close to useless. Case in point, you had to remove all brakes from the car because they were seized.

Second, you mislead ebay viewers by saying that your plan was to restore this car but "time ran against you". In reality, you told everyone in this forum that you bought it as a donor car for your other project: http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7613

Your add is simply misleading. The truth is, what your selling is a title for a '72 E9 and a few parts. Period.
Are you realy that far up your own trunk that you have to seperate every little thing, then tear it apart? Your last post just goes to prove what a, as we ENGLISH say, total twat you are. But by all means, you carry on with your self rightious, big headed comments,maybe its just friendly fire, but we all know what kind of trouble thats brings eh! I thought this forum encouraged the saving and restoration and these cars, hence the forum is called e9 coupe forum. But then again, if its not mint, never been driven in anger or has a piece of chrome in the wrong place, or a seller wont reveal the vin number, then its fair game for the likes of you who cannot resist mocking and trying to make yourself look like MR BIG-KNOW-IT-ALL to all other forum members without any form of remorse. In this world of free speech, internet sites like this are tarnished and make other owners feel intimidated by key board warriors like yourself, because thats all you are at the end of the day eh, and im willing to bet that this site and many others are the only place you can experience the only bit of power you have due to having none at home. So there we have it, My reply, seperate it, digest it, then by all means use what you can in replying, but as far as im concerned, the car has gone, now its down to tearing this csl of mine and turning it into somthing that will more than likley make you blood boil.....

All the best
Joe, ENGLAND.

andy73csl

Reaction score
oh dear

Despite being ENGLISH, I do agree with the last post. "Can we stop this etc." I read the diatribe from the presumed owner of said CS, and all I can say is he should be in politics. I cant remember the last time I read so much, and heard so little. I could say more, however, the English are supposed to be known for there reserve, so I won't.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Escalation aside, if the sale was promoted just on ebay I'd say that Joe would be justified in being upset at the board's intrusion. Once Joe posted the car at e9coupe, scrutiny and opinions were expected.

Can we say that "vast receipt history" was subtle and self-deprecating British humor and be friends again?