72 Euro 3.0CS $5,000-$6,000 tired driver or parts

acat2002

Reaction score
I stumbled across this car a few weeks ago and was considering it as a donor car for miscellaneous parts for my '73. I was going to use all of the euro components and perhaps the tan leather interior. After coming to the realization that tan leather in a Fjord car may not look great and the fact that the interior was decent, but not any better than my car's blue interior I decided to take a pass. I also thought for a second that maybe I could grab this coupe for cheap and actually have something to drive in the rain! Then I remembered that I'm about one more car-purchase away from being served with divorce papers and gave up altogether!

This car has to be of some use to somebody here at the right price and the seller is very very motivated and pleasant to deal with.

1972 3.0 CS (Euro) 2211832
Tan leather interior in fair condition
Iceland green exterior paint is starting to show signs of bondo and a 10-year old restoration. (all the usual trouble spots but strangely did not show any trunk rust)

No affiliation here, but I went to look at this car personally last weekend and found it to be a very tired, rusty example. I got the impression he'd consider any offers over $5,000, but never actually got into a price because the car wouldn't fit my needs.

Seller was offering on Ebay a month ago for $9,500, which given the rust and other issues was overpriced. My synopsis is that it would make a good driver if you weren't afraid to sink some money into a top end rebuild and other odds and ends. Definately not a restoration candidate (unless you're Malc or somebody very very ambitous) because the tin worm has eaten away some key areas.

However, the car has some good parts and to the right person, this car could be a good deal. I was going to buy it for the parts, but the interior was the wrong color and the other good parts were of no use to me.

The euro bumpers, bumper rubbers and chome are all decent, so that got to be worth $1,500-$2,000 right there, right? Original Zeniths and euro-head engine are worth something and most of the chrome and brightwork are intact. Doors, windows and most of the interior are worth saving.

I told the owner that I'd post a few words on this board and he said if nobody wants it here he'd relist on Ebay (probably with no reserve or very low reserve). Seller also has a NIB fiberglass CSL airdam from CSI inc. I beleive that would be included (although he'd probably sell that separately if asked).

send me a PM if you want the sellers contact information.[
[/b]