'73 CSa FS in New England

acat2002

Reaction score
Despite the fact that I can’t wait to receive my new grill badge(s) from JH Jacobs and love looking at the coupe every time I walk through my garage, I have decided to sell 2250587.
I simply do not drive her enough to justify ownership. If I keep her, she’ll sit in my garage for another long winter until my wife or kids decide that they need a place to stack stuff. I can see it now, I’m going to have to “unearth” my coupe from piles of boxes and kids toys, just to take her out for the 5-seconds of good weather we have each year in New England.

Fjord Blue exterior with blue interior
+/- 111,6XX on the odometer (but is that even relevant?)
Late 1973 production date (2250587)
Original 3.0 w/rebuilt top end less than 8k ago
Factory automatic
Factory central air (not working but all components are there)
New wood, carpet, upholstery
Nardi wheel and much more……

Location is 40 miles south of Boston
$18,000

I originally wanted a “solid driver”, but as many of you probably realize it is often a slippery slope that dooms many of the coupes described as “drivers”. I’ve learned that is code for rusty.
I digress, found a solid, partially restored ’73 CSa in the Tennessee several years back after the PO had completed a bare-metal re-spray of the Fjord exterior. The interior was mostly original. The mechanicals were also original, but most moving parts have been rebuilt or replaced. Upgraded radiator, 9-blade fan upgrade, rebuilt top end, rebuilt dual Webbers, new brake lines, new bushings, struts/shocks etc. were replaced.

Since then (2006) I have restored the interior. New carpet, new mahogany (complete), re-upholstered front seats/original leather rears, rebuilt/corrected the typical power window issues, installed a central locking/remote-keyless entry system, installed modern 240W/4-channel stereo with iPod interface hidden behind a period-correct head unit. Non-sunroof car headliner is in great condition. At the time the interior was completely stripped out, any rust issues that inevitably sprout up were addressed while the inside was exposed. These areas were documented/photographed and corrected. New sound insulation and carpet was then installed along with fresh mahogany wood. As with most coupes below $25k, there are a few things left to do (incorrect driver/passenger rear view mirrors, fix air-conditioning, wiper motor fixed, restore trunk w/elephant skin and replace some weather-stripping along doors/hood). There may be other minor stuff I’m forgetting, so definitely ask.

Rather than continue on with the details, I’ve posted a variety of good quality photos on Flikr to wet your appetite:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26376951@N06/sets/72157622322322531/show/

or if the slide show is not working: http://www.flickr.com/photos/26376951@N06/sets/72157622322322531/

I'm not exactly sure how to properly post URL links with this new web format, but I hope this works. If not try cut-n-paste, or email me at: [email protected]
I will be positing some more pictures of the underside as soon as I can get it up on a lift.
The Flikr slideshow has some good descriptions attached to the photos, so make sure the description/comments toggle is turned "on" in the upper right corner.

I have no idea what kind of interest or comments this post will garner, but I don’t have any interest in dealers/flippers looking for “fire-sale” prices.
Frankly, I’m already on the fence about selling her and really don’t want to deal with any low-ball offers. I have gotten to know every inch of this car and would love the opportunity to show you every detail (good and bad), I just don’t have the time for picture collectors or tire-kickers, so I’m willing to give you as much time as you’re willing to invest in due-diligence/PPI.

BTW-I still definitely want my grill badges John!
I am only taking a recess from coupe ownership.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Aynsley,

Nice coupe. What can you say about the automatic in these cars, in general (durability, driveability, shifting, etc.) and about yours in particular?

(Thanks for the PM; no worries :-D)

acat2002

Reaction score
Look, in all candor, and as anyone familar with auto-E9s will also attest, the 3spd automatic is hardly "sporty".

However, this automatic was completely rebuilt and shifts very assertively/crisp with no hesitation or doubt. Still, it's no close-ratio 5-spd!
I don't know what type of rear end gears are in the car, but it will cruise comfortably at 70-75mph at roughly 3,400-3,700rpm.