'73 CSI Long Block + DJet harness

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have a CSI setup (minus airbox). The chassis has 90K on it, but the VIN on the block is different. The engine is from a '73 CSI, VIN 2263950. I can't speak to the condition of the motor, but I know that the head has been replaced (shocking right?). I suspect that the car was retired due to the terrible condition of the body, not the motor. Asking $1,500 shipped.

The Pitch:
The CSI motor puts out 200hp, pretty impressive for the early 70's considering many American V8's were delivering less. The compression is 9.5:1 and the block has aggressive piano top pistons (which are NLA). Keep in mind that there aren't a lot of opportunities to pickup a complete CSI motor setup in the US. When was the last time you saw one listed on here, or eBay.COM for that matter? I have been told that the D-Jet parts alone are worth around $1,500 if I break up the motor. I have demand for motor parts already, but I'd prefer to stick the whole thing on a pallet and send it your way.

I'd would keep it but I am enjoying the novelty of my first carbureted vehicle. If I part it out I will likely keep the short block. Respond or PM if interested! Fee free to add any commentary, request pics, etc.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
If anybody wants to comment on the weight estimate that will help with any questions on logistics.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The engine number 2263950 belongs to a BMW 3.0 CSi which was manufactured on January 02nd, 1973 and delivered on January 09th, 1973 to Italy. The original colour was Malaga, paint code 021.

Added to the registry...