'73 CSL for sale on ebay for surprisingly low 36K!

Jonathan

Reaction score
The engine appears not original but at a 36K buy it now, this car must be a huge rust bucket. The photos present well but I'm scratching my head that the seller has a 100% feedback rating and for about 40K to fix the rust and the paint (he says he is including Scheel seats), you could have a 2- condition or better CSL whose value should be over 80K!

The link is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-...oryZ6056QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jonathan

Reaction score
Thoughts anyone? Does anyone think that this is too good a deal to be true? Notice that there are NO pics. of the underside...

Jonathan

Reaction score
Wow. Quite a heated discussion on that thread. Let's face it, most of us won't sell any e9 b/c of our emotional attachment. I thnk some on this board are jealous or upset that the e9 values are not rising as fast as certian Porsche's, Aston's or other cars. So let's all get along and know that a CSL will be valued more than a CSi, much like the Porsche 911S or RS vs. the 911T...But we ALL know that the E9 is as much, if not more beautiful than these cars and at a bargain price at the moment...

Jonathan

chicane

Reaction score
OK, $36K is a pretty fair price for a CSL that needs a full resto. Why do you assume this price to be "low". Vintage cars, all vintage cars but especially mass produced vintage cars, have their value based LARGELY on condition. A car that needs to be fully sorted through has that cost BAKED into the price. A CSL that has already been fully restored is already priced as is.

9Werks

Reaction score
Kevin has allowed me (know that I paid him a deposit towards the purchase of this vehicle) to offer a special deal to a buyer that will follow threw immediately. Please email to: [email protected] if you would be that person.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
chicane said:
OK, $36K is a pretty fair price for a CSL that needs a full resto. Why do you assume this price to be "low". Vintage cars, all vintage cars but especially mass produced vintage cars, have their value based LARGELY on condition. A car that needs to be fully sorted through has that cost BAKED into the price. A CSL that has already been fully restored is already priced as is.
It is impossible to tell what you are trying to say here. are you saying 36k IS a fair price for an L that needs full resto? If so, then bullshit. Plain and simple. Either you just proved you have no idea what you are talking about, or you've been duped into this discussion by two or three posters who are trying to shill off a car, and its working. Just a few months ago, the seller, acting kinda dumb and with intentionally uneducated-sounding semantics first was bragging about "finding a car" for about 20 g's. Later, intentionally using the same poor grammar, started that long thread about "40-60k"
Now we find the following post:

9Werks said:
Kevin has allowed me (know that I paid him a deposit towards the purchase of this vehicle) to offer a special deal to a buyer that will follow threw immediately. Please email to: [email protected] if you would be that person.

I don't know if "shill" was strong language, but, the shoe may just fit.

My take? The guy was looking for 20 g's for the car at the beginning of the year, there were no takers. I do not know if anyone went to look at the car, I'd be surprised though if no one had. If they did, and it was worth 20 g's, it would have sold then. Now, the seller, and a neighbor, and perhaps a couple of other posters here are still working this board to see if they can find someone who'll go for....whatever they can get out of them. Maybe that car's worth 20g's, maybe it's worth 37g. But if it were truly a rabid market for our beloved, "highly sought-for" vehicles, why has it been around so long?

I apologize for being suspicious of an offer to sell for a "special deal" to someone who will "follow threw" with yet another offeror "I paid him a deposit" Maybe someone else on this board and amongst our merry band of hobbiests will not see it this way, "if you would be that person" ...you've had more warning than you deserve, and may have more money than you know what to do with, and I'd suggest you seriously consider buying this bridge I have the deed to instead.