73 CSL. On BAT

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's leather CSL Petri stitching

My multiple references to the frankenstein stitch is catching on…

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My multiple references to the frankenstein stitch is catching on…

Always the trend setter :)

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
An exceedingly high price for a a very neglected city pack specimen. No wonder CSLs reputation as over priced cars is what the general public perceives !

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
about 168k euro for a very early 2275 city pack car doesn't seem that horrible. yes a little bit of rust on doors / wheel arches ... comparably to the inka carb CSL that sold for 245k (222 euro) ... that seems underpriced. i think there is a difference of what sells at an auction house vs what sells on BaT. Many times BaT seems to collect people that will pay more than they should for cars ... perhaps the uninformed. the auction houses seem to do their research and select what they will sell ... but the price always depends on who is bidding in the room.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
about 168k euro for a very early 2275 city pack car doesn't seem that horrible. yes a little bit of rust on doors / wheel arches ... comparably to the inka carb CSL that sold for 245k (222 euro) ... that seems underpriced. i think there is a difference of what sells at an auction house vs what sells on BaT. Many times BaT seems to collect people that will pay more than they should for cars ... perhaps the uninformed. the auction houses seem to do their research and select what they will sell ... but the price always depends on who is bidding in the room.

What should be kept in mind is, to restore a Csl in this condition, back to what it should be, is well and way over a €100K…. A complete paint job alone costs €25K……

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I hear what you are saying and its a very valid issue - that's why i always believe that you should buy the very best condition car that you can afford. Here is what Hagerty has for the current values of a '73 CSL - no differentiation for color or city pack.

condition 1 - $417k
condition 2 - $319k
condition 3 - $223k
condition 4 - $180k

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I hear what you are saying and its a very valid issue - that's why i always believe that you should buy the very best condition car that you can afford. Here is what Hagerty has for the current values of a '73 CSL - no differentiation for color or city pack.

condition 1 - $417k
condition 2 - $319k
condition 3 - $223k
condition 4 - $180k
Looks right on as this is a Condition 4 CSL.