'73 Navy Blue Interior?

flobloc

Reaction score
I was at Universal Upholstery in Costa Mesa today and spoke with John, the owner. I took my E34 in for a new headliner. I mentioned to John that I would like to re-upholster the seats in my '73 E9 coupe. He pulled out his 'leather' charts, but could only match BMW interior colors back to the early-80's. That is, he couldn't find an exact match on my navy blue interior. Is there a color call-out (part no.) for these navy blue interiors? Thanks for your input.

m73

Reaction score
There was a recent post in the restoration section. The possible solutions were either Mercedes leather or Porsche leather of that vintage.

-M

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I ordered Marine Blue vinyl for my E12 M535i from Global Upholstery in Santa Ana, CA. They sent me a couple of swatches of colors I requested to be sure and it was a perfect match for the vinyl that was in the car and was European since it was 55" wide. The grain was a perfect match as well. Given that it was a color used up through E12s and pre 9/82 E24s which had leather as an option, it should be a bit easier to find, I'd think. They were good to deal with and it might be worth checking with them to see if there's any possibility of getting leather in that color.

Last edited:

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Blue leather.

Hi;
As you know all leather is dyed to different colours. If you go on line and look for raw leather resources I am sure they will sell you skins dyed to the exact colour that you send them for a sample.
Good Luck
Koopman

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have some dye from Leatherique which i use for seatbelt abrasion touchups etc that is a perfect match. You can send them a swatch from a hidden place for them to match

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Leather redye.

Hi Again;
There is a company South of L.A. that completely refinishes seats by taking off the original finish and redyeing them and than putting the same finish back on the leather.may it be shiny or dull soft or hard. His price is $135 per seat and $270 for the rear if it seats two.
Company name is AAA Leather Repair.
Phone Number is 714-545-0521.
Website is [email protected].
Very Impressive!
Anyone use AAA in the past?
Thanks
Harry