74 CSI at Legendary Motorcars

pretty car but doesn't really look like baikal - perhaps its the lighting. overall looks to be in excellent shape, a ew stickers in the wrong place (like the baikal sticker) ... a few goofy things like the paint on the spare tire well (underside) ... a few wrong tools and missing storage container in the trunk.

so here's the question - the add says '74. i don't see the vin ... but there are pre '74 seats. i don't see the telescoping steering column ...

Last edited:
so here's the question - the add says '74. i don't see the vin ... but there are pre '74 seats. i don't see the telescoping steering column ...

yep definitely not a 74 (or “titled 75” as they claim.

Or the interior/seat restoration was done incorrectly which would be worrying in itself.

Apart from the incorrect seats it looks like a 74 to me

Check out the air cleaner snorkel and clips, electric window switches and handle for steering column ...

yep definitely not a 74 (or “titled 75” as they claim.

Or the interior/seat restoration was done incorrectly which would be worrying in itself.
also says 'factory' baikal blue, which would make you believe that it hasn't been repainted ... the odds of that are little to none. it almost looks like a blend between baikal and riviera. also the reflections are very true, which makes you believe it has been 'blocked' before painting.
Apart from the incorrect seats it looks like a 74 to me

Check out the air cleaner snorkel and clips, electric window switches and handle for steering column ...
do you see '74 front seat belts? i don't. on pic 16 looking at the passenger side, i don't see it leaving the rear armrest ... or on pic 17 looking at the other side. also has multi-piece carpets, 74 had single piece (of course this could have been changed). look at the c pillar roundels, the gold tinted bmw, not the chrome / paint of the 74. i can't tell if i see the steering column handle or if that is something else. i don't see the under panel with the window circuit breakers

anybody see windshield washer nozzles or hose? i don't. i see the bottle (looks empty).

its still a nice looking coupe.

Well, as a new member, I’m learning already - this car sort of interests me, but member’s comments about the correct year and/or incorrect seats and interior is concerning - I mean, aren’t these basic items for selling any car? Also, if you blow up the speedometer, tho blurry, it appears to be in Km’s. I wonder if this is directly imported from Europe (Holland) in which case it can’t be “imported” into California without about a year of mind-numbing beaucracy. Excepting comments so far, are members impressed by the quality of the restoration? Thanks.

Definitely a 74, it has the defroster switch on the console where earlier coupes have wiper speed. With a euro coupe all bets are off with seatbelts. And one piece carpets were May 74 and later, one piece toolbox Sep 74. A little too much blue for Baikal but it looks nice.

Definitely a 74, it has the defroster switch on the console where earlier coupes have wiper speed. With a euro coupe all bets are off with seatbelts. And one piece carpets were May 74 and later, one piece toolbox Sep 74. A little too much blue for Baikal but it looks nice.

Adjustable steering column and one-piece dash trim.

Ok we agree it’s a 74 but seats are still wrong. Like I said, for me, it rings alarm bells - why would you not get this right if it’s a quality restoration.

saying all that interior less of an issue if the body restoration is top notch

Missing D-Jet boot here -- Also where does one find this intake hose? Curious what is the original spec for this part.

Capture.JPG

Sounds correct. I have the paper piece and '73 -- thanks for the knowledge.

-Mo

Last edited:
I think I’ll call Tuesday and find out if it’s a recent European import. In which case it can’t be brought into Kalifornia without excessive time and frustration, and therefore no interest from me.

I think it's a fair price given what I've seen others in BAT go for.

CSi carries bigger weight and price IMHO. I guess one can maybe negotiate a slightly lower price (~$2k) for the wrong year seats.

Back