'97 e31 for sale

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well - it's still a coupe!!, and it has no B pillar. It's just not an e9. To my eyes, the e31 has always been the 2nd best looking full production model that BMW has produced.

I've owned this 840Ci for over 3 years. First owner was the president of Gillette (razor) in Boston, 2nd owner was a Sr. manager at Fox Sports. I'm in no hurry to sell it, and won't advertise it outside the BMW community until at least late March. Color is a striking metallic red - Calypsorot - with monochrome silver grey interior (in excellent condition, no leather damage or paint scratches). Exterior paint and condition is outstanding, with only touched up scratch on the rear bumper, no dings or chips. The car has ~67.5K miles on it (<3K per year), and is in excellent mechanical condition as well. I replaced all fluids when I first bought it from front bumper through to the rear bumper. Excellent Michelin tires, 2 sets of wheels with tires - M Parallel, {7 series, proper hub} and Style 61. The OE 'semi basket-weave, style 8 wheels' are also included (no tires). Nearly new EBC Red Stuff pads F & R.

I'm selling it, as I just don't drive it as much as it should be driven. I have driven it to the Vintage in Asheville NC (great fun on the 'tail of the dragon'), and twice to Spartanburg for the SE Sharktoberfest. Also, we recently bought an Aston Martin DB9 convertible, and I have a MB SL55 AMG. I've decided we really don't need three 'GT' type cars!!

The 1st picture was taken at a lineup for the fun drive at the SE Sharkfest (a great event). The 2nd picture was taken a few weeks ago, shows the type 61 wheels. The third picture was taken last fall with the M Parallel wheels installed.

I'm looking for upper teens for an excellent example of BMW's ultimate GT product of the 20th century.

As an example of it's attractiveness, I was driving it to do some errands in town on Monday, and got three 'thumbs up' from drivers/pedestrians! One of whom honked to get my attention.

Gary Knox
West Chester, PA

Attachments

• SE Sharkfest 2018 002.JPG
    SE Sharkfest 2018 002.JPG
    479.9 KB · Views: 200
  • Nonamee Mini Scanner 006.JPG
    Nonamee Mini Scanner 006.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 840Ci 10-18 et al 003.JPG
    840Ci 10-18 et al 003.JPG
    501.9 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I've seen this car several times. This is a very nice example of the e31, offered for sale by a fastidious seller.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
GLWS Gary ! Nice car , sure with the M Parallel's :D ( Manual or auto ? )

My '91 supercharged manual 850i ....

SAM_2716.JPG