A/C compressor

pb6971

Reaction score
Any suggestions on where to get or where to look for an A/C compressor for a 1971 2800CS? Greatly appreciate your replies.

AC compressor

I saw a replacement AC compressor advertised on ebay this morning. Apparently it was purchased from Carl Nelson. Search using "BMW 3.0 cs" on ebay.

--John

Are you determined to stick with the piston style York or do you just want to have A/C? I have an almost new York I'd sell, but in the long run you'd be better off with a later compressor. The ones used in the e28 are widely available and inexpensive. I bought a refurbished one for $75. They're r134a compatible, don't need the muffler (that other can on your fender by the dryer), and use less HP to spin.

V-west, which compressor was that

and where did you get it? Let's be specific encough that others might use the info.

I bought it from eBay in early 2005. Per my history the sellers ID was pac990. He's still selling, looks like his prices are up a little and no BMW compressors listed right now. Might be worth emailing him.

I also bought one at the local u-pull-it for $15, but when I got it home and tested the clutch it was bad. I returned it, figuring I could go fishing for another when I need it.

Back