A/C panel touch up paint?

jhjacobs

Reaction score
Paul,

I used a Black El Marko pen to fix some small problems on my A/C panel and it isn't to bad. I also made a cover plate from thin Aluminum for the old radio hole (horribly hacked by prior owner). I used Black Rustoleum Hammered finish paint (most hardware stores) on the plate. While not exact (shinier and blacker) it doesn't look too bad next to the A/C panel. I'm not sure I would attempt to use it to paint the panel though.

This leads me to a related question for the board. Does anyone know of a clever and not overly expensive way to redo the white lettering on the A/C panel?

...and what ever happened to the old Zip-a-tone rub-on lettering kits? I guess the laser / inkjet market killed them :(

MichaelP

Reaction score
jhjacobs said:
This leads me to a related question for the board. Does anyone know of a clever and not overly expensive way to redo the white lettering on the A/C panel?

...and what ever happened to the old Zip-a-tone rub-on lettering kits? I guess the laser / inkjet market killed them :(

Zipatone is long gone, but Letraset still make dry transfer lettering. You can order it here:
http://www.letraset.com/craft/shopdisplaycategories.asp?id=76&cat=Lettering

Dry transfer lettering may or may not work very well, though. It needs to be applied to a dead flat surface, and it won't stand up to being touched very well. Gently heating it with a blow dryer after application can help. The most durable application will be a screened ink transfer by a graphics shop. You might call around.