A good street view of life in Monterey during Car Week 2022

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This guy does a really nice job of giving you a good feel for what you might see as you walk around Carmel and Monterey during Car week. It’s totally non-professional but the guy really knows cars of all ages and makes and and he knows which spots to go to for some good eye candy. I can tell you from experience that it takes a lot of time and driving around in traffic to find all the spots where the fun cars are to be found. This is completely brand and age agnostic so there are plenty of modern super cars and plenty of vintage ones all mixed together.

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

This guy does a really nice job of giving you a good feel for what you might see as you walk around Carmel and Monterey during Car week. It’s totally non-professional but the guy really knows cars of all ages and makes and and he knows which spots to go to for some good eye candy. I can tell you from experience that it takes a lot of time and driving around in traffic to find all the spots where the fun cars are to be found. This is completely brand and age agnostic so there are plenty of modern super cars and plenty of vintage ones all mixed together.

Tuesday:

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:
This is awesome, showing these pics/videos to my son :)

And here is his daily video from Saturday. Mostly at the track of course. Incredible collection of iconic race cars. Great closeups of the McLaren BMW that won LeMans.

We also get a glimpse of our own Steve @lafngrvy who seems to have passed a couple of CSLs. I’m sure he will be posting one of his own always excellent videos here very soon

Very cool. You NEVER see those historic Chaparrals. I heard most are in Jim Halls collection in TX still. What a treat to see them...

@BMW Pete - Looks you made it with the 25 car?

That’s BMW NA’s area with the 25 CSL, M1, 12 Cylinder LMR & the Fina McClaren.

Scott Hughes had his number 51 CSL in the 100 Years of LeMans tent.

Steve Walker was on the next row if you took the short cut at the Racecraft Trailer. With the GS Tuning 2002, NSU Prinz 2000 TT & a slightly modified 2002.

Jim Huff bought Steve’s 1965 1800Ti/SA & races as a privateer
11A1CEA0-46D5-4A56-B5A0-E2F50628F037.jpeg
07C38F41-EB7A-4881-85E3-9703333279FD.jpeg
238DE4EB-25F5-40AF-A802-B03852AB1158.jpeg

And finally, the last day of Monterey car week: Sunday. The prototypes just outside the Pebble beach lawn (perhaps my favorite section) and of course, the grand finale on the Pebble Beach golf course!

PS: what I really like about this guy is that he never shows himself. He knows that nobody cares about the stupid host. All we want to see is awesome automobiles

Back