A Great Bavaria

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
For those of you who pay attention to Murray Fowler's posts (and it seems that most do), you probably noticed he has been offering up a 72 Bavaria for sale for the past several months.

Well, after a few days of negotiation i purchased the car and I cannot be more pleased. Though the Bavaria has it's fair share of blemishes and a certain amount of patina, it is certainly an excellent vehicle and one that I look forward to enjoying for many years to come. Kudos to Murray for helping to convince me what a fine opportunity this was to own a solid E3 with great road manners...he was correct.

So greetings to all, especially the E3 owners and fans. I look forward to utilizing the board resources as I begin to slowly update various pieces and parts on the car...thinking of it as a way to practice bleeding money before the real hemmorage begins with the hopeful and eventual arrival of my coupe.

BTW...I need a drivers door window :(

Cheers,
Drew

Attachments

• WhiteKnight 002.jpg
    WhiteKnight 002.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 211
Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Drew,

When I drove the e3 I couldn't believe how much power it had and even the A/C worked well. The clutch? Well you will have a much stronger left leg than your right!

Chris

afeustel

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Window suffered from an impact due to the door stop failure. It will provide an opportunity for me to get well acquainted with the door innards!

Chris, Murray mentioned you drove the Bavaria. It does drive well and is overall a very solid and well cared for vehicle. I have been pleasantly surprised with the whole car. In fact, it is a perfect candidate for a restoration because everything is there and in pretty decent shape...but I really just want to drive it.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I painted my first Bavaria White. It was completely rusted out and still drove great. I think Bavarias are a phenomenal buy right now. I'd like another but I already have too much clutter.
Enjoy.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Some believe the Bavaria is slightly better balanced than our coupes. I can say that the first time I drove one on twisties here in Bucks County it handled like a two-seater sports car. And plenty of power with a trunk to be envied.

e3er

Reaction score
Coupe Smoop - keep the Bav!

Reasons:

1. Save money!
2. Belong to a more exclusive owners group!
3. B-pillars!
4. Karmann free build quality!
5. Anything a coupe can do, you can do better!

congrats on the buy regardless of your future plans. I hope it works well for you...