A Little Bling

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Decided to take a break from the subframe project, so I installed my powder coated valve cover. I messed up a little and hit the coating in one little spot I wanted to avoid sanding, and the some of the detail is not as crisp as I would like due to imperfections in the casting, but...

20170419_165423.jpg

I like it. I'd really like to see it one of these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful !! ... but my OCD won't look past the oil cap not being polished and lined up with the raised lines of the valve cover :)

Ed

... and the wing nuts on the Weber jet covers aren't lined up... STOP THE INSANITY :)

Ooo, excellent, will do that next time Athena's in the shop.

You can spend $20 on a spark plug crimping tool, and build your own wires going forward (you do have a lot of cars). Otherwise you can just use pliers to crimp the ends. Here is the most basic low buck DIY video I could find. There are plenty of videos that show how to do it with the crimper as well.

If you still have the original cigar tube for the wires you can order the 7mm 3.0 set from Kingsbourne, remove the wires from that harness, pull the plastic plug insulators off and pull each wire through with a thin wire fed back from each plug hole. For the very retentive among us :D

http://www.kingsbornewires.com/product-p/12-7510.htm

RMuF5d8TbWYbe5yiXAhOnTXdJ77wOPJZATj9isaGiFA6Exo9pavLRL1R57EZA6ZhRpt2eNMv26PcfQmWd9j1qxjYtV0D0Am9NdzsqpyXsuwZyg0jnbYRIp9Z2KIkEwyfQ-ZXjiSgw8136WUVSlUXOx6aUD6eOp9yB9MgJ_jhP64kbr1KqehdTI-iEGEXJtoYUOPPGe_3UScL_yUxsadciwgUYAE_lm_J6pckDOlhCBkH8UOCCxvWtwTbMH1UqLsZKpnMpxJnbI7_kGyXjZy2dMxl1U2hHg1nZxyHQ5jLAphPcvirQFk_m-yCkTk_12eiQmgoZR8HvPPwuaMUlVWIjGq6TKZ2KnqMXFodMMnYGfHcdSP9tzDy2SLORch0fuj-RUGyExjQitoYIRFKW2QY0ngLr20vGCLQrErle8c9gm_vOeRB2Y4Ev1rkwx-le1xsnYIuV2tdItGPjYK-YCDtVCh6fSKjurJidrPx8v8eDc500sRLcigKbiIQRcvU6kUjY-HGpKgxMcfHGu5hJr0tucRFPqSR_jY3_lm1pPr7RBy-SKvPQTwBKKy4Xg17bDS9O9rNphNWYP_D9RCqaM0XKwZlqPApuWVvpglkb16m7xPXBPT9oddH=w1028-h771-no

Ooo, excellent, will do that next time Athena's in the shop.

Beautiful !! ... but my OCD won't look past the oil cap not being polished and lined up with the raised lines of the valve cover :)

Ed

... and the wing nuts on the Weber jet covers aren't lined up... STOP THE INSANITY :)

Now to my eye, the power steering fluid reservoir and brake booster look like crap. That's probably because I took the trouble to paint them, and then spilled brake fluid on them ruining my previous work!

If you're going to paint those, may as well throw in the coolant overflow tank :cool:

Now to my eye, the power steering fluid reservoir and brake booster look like crap. That's probably because I took the trouble to paint them, and then spilled brake fluid on them ruining my previous work!

Back