A little off topic

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know this is a little off from a coupe, but I have a fantastic 03 Mercedes CL55 AMG, 67000 miles, 493 horse power, has all options, including push button start, heat, cool and massaging seats. Sivler over black, books wholesale at $31295 with a retail of $35595, looking to get $30000, any interest. Sorry for the post, but a couper needs to put some money into another coupe. Thanks

acat2002

Reaction score
Sooner: love that body style....more than the new version!

CL55 is sort of Merc's version of a modern E9. I would have gone in that direction with my daily, but I've got kids to haul around.....oh yeah and I live in the frozen tundra! My ML55 has given me 7 years of faithful service (normally-aspirated though :cry: ) but has been coming unwound lately with 120,000 miles. Time to consider a new daily driver. If my kids were older I'd definately consider your sled.

Nice car though, good luck!

CSfan

Reaction score
wow!

i am pretty sure there's a benz's forum out there?? Is the economy this bad to be posting here? I'll give you 15k?

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks

No, just a fellow couper illustrating my car for sale, prior to the bay....and I am fully aware of the benz forums.

chicane

Reaction score
Re: wow!

CSfan said:
i am pretty sure there's a benz's forum out there?? Is the economy this bad to be posting here? I'll give you 15k?

+1. Take it to Craigslist or a Benz forum.

MichaelP

Reaction score
chicane said:
+1. Take it to Craigslist or a Benz forum.

It's an unwritten rule on many low volume forums like this to allow well-known posters to post off-topic sales. Sooner has been here a long time and has contributed to the cause, so let's cut him some slack. Besides, he's trying to fund his coupe :wink: .

psychrunner

Reaction score
what's up with that??

Just an observation. Some of us coupsters can sure be rude to fellow coupsters. My word, give the guy a break. I suppose some have nothing better to do, but to pounce when they perceive a horrendous injustice has been performed. That's right, this is just an observation, so I'll leave it at that. BTW, anybody want to buy a jeep? :lol:

pj

Reaction score
csfan, just a little bit of advice, this is a small community here and we do all try and look out for each other, so imho you would want to try to not come off as a smartass if you want the community to help you find a coupe.

Dave B

Reaction score
Agree with PJ

Agree with PJ - is this place not meant to be about folks interested in coupes sharing information? Dont see where it says we can only discuss coupes and nothing else.

Sooner, ignore these people!

Your message is clearly titled "A little off topic" so that the "keep the forum purely for e9 stuff" guys could have simply decided not to read it. Not chicane's way though - I have seen from previous threads that he is normally the first to criticise, or rubbish other peoples comments or cars. Could probably cause trouble in an empty house.

Having done so, they then moan about it by adding more non- Coupe related comments? Go figure! Are they angry with themselves as well now?

On display is a lack of people skills. I think these guys deliberately work hard at setting low standards, then failing to achieve them.

I actually wonder if chicane in particular does this for sport? If so chic, you have landed me this time. If not, you have issues. Take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard before considering your response!

I am doing this for sport? You bet your butt I am! :twisted:

chicane

Reaction score
Re: Agree with PJ

Dave B said:
Agree with PJ - is this place not meant to be about folks interested in coupes sharing information? Dont see where it says we can only discuss coupes and nothing else.

Sooner, ignore these people!

Your message is clearly titled "A little off topic" so that the "keep the forum purely for e9 stuff" guys could have simply decided not to read it. Not chicane's way though - I have seen from previous threads that he is normally the first to criticise, or rubbish other peoples comments or cars. Could probably cause trouble in an empty house.

Having done so, they then moan about it by adding more non- Coupe related comments? Go figure! Are they angry with themselves as well now?

On display is a lack of people skills. I think these guys deliberately work hard at setting low standards, then failing to achieve them.

I actually wonder if chicane in particular does this for sport? If so chic, you have landed me this time. If not, you have issues. Take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard before considering your response!

I am doing this for sport? You bet your butt I am! :twisted:

If it's a "little off-topic" then put it in the sub-forum entitled "OFF TOPIC"!
If one guy starts to puts his Mercedes or Jeep or whatever in here, every other guy inside (and from outside) of this forum will start posting their junk on this board. Also, maybe you missed these instructions from the ADMIN:

http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3860

"Ads must be BMW related. An ad for a vehicle other than a CS is fine, but keep it in the family! "

NUFF SAID.

Dave B

Reaction score
Chicane, the following text was also lifted from the Admin link you regularly like to quote:-

"No bashing will be tolerated. Opinions need to be kept to a minimum"

You, sir, relish the critcising and the bashing.

NUFF SAID. Indeed. DORK!

Going by previous form, you would normally respond to a reply like this with a link to another Admin post saying we should all basically play nice.

I will probably not respond to anything else you add on this subject!

chicane

Reaction score
Dave B said:
Chicane, the following text was also lifted from the Admin link you regularly like to quote:-

"No bashing will be tolerated. Opinions need to be kept to a minimum"

You, sir, relish the critcising and the bashing.

NUFF SAID. Indeed. DORK!

Going by previous form, you would normally respond to a reply like this with a link to another Admin post saying we should all basically play nice.

I will probably not respond to anything else you add on this subject!

I think we both know who the Dork is bud. And it is spelled "criticizing" not critcising.

Tierfreund

Reaction score
When I first joined this board me too thought chicane might have had a troubled childhood :wink:

But since then, I´ve followed his postings, given him the benefit of the doubt, imagined him saying the things he writes in a very friendly voice and finally found his participation to be quite worthy. He´s often spot on.

Remeber fellow friends, the writen word is very often read quite differently than intended. I´ve stirred fusses online myself that I never intended.

If it helps, take his postings and have them said by a gentle old wiseman in your imagination (think Joda or such), and they suddenly have a very different flavour.

So: +1 for this thread belongs in "Off topic"

Dave B

Reaction score
my final word! All off topic, and not really coupe related!

Couldn't resist.

Chicane - you wrote " I think we both know who the Dork is bud. And it is spelled "criticizing" not critcising."

You have once again confirmed exactly who the dork is! Have a look at the location bud - yeah Scotland, Britain, Europe. The place where English was invented, before you lot bastardized and Americanized our S's replacing them with Z's and dropping other letters altogether. :oops: for you matey!

Incidentally, if in the future I ask someone what colour their car is, my spelling will again, as usual, be correct. :wink:

We may have to agree to disagree now. I am all for burying the cyber hatchet and playing nice. Peace, man? Jees, what a storm in a keyboard!

Sooner - got rid of that car that caused all the trouble yet!?

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
CL

No, I am still enjoying the CL. I will not post pics for the few who seem to cast many stones, I will move on and dispose of my vehicle without insulting the few so claimed experts on the board. I did not want to create any issues, but I personally would purchase a car from a few fellow coupers as I know they take care of their vehicles as I do. Life goes on, I will continue to be an active member of the E9 board, but sincerely hope this board does not become the old board that we all participated in prior to the start of this one. Speaking of that, Dang, is it time for another round of donations to the site?

Thanks to those of you with the positive comments, and as to the others....