a long endless project coming to an end

SicilianE9

Reaction score
2011 started with a great 2800 CS found in Sicily (therefore my nickname) which turned out to be ...not so great.
Then I found a 3.0CSI in restoration , midnight blue with beige interior which was supposed to be finished in may...than june...than july...
While I was already sure that the car would not be finished properly for summer holidays, i happen to bounce into my dream E9.

Restored from scratch (nothing) in 94 , galvanized, chamonix white, with 5 speed, in perfect condition, a concours d# elegance winner in 98 and 2000.
i managed to get rid of yet my second E9 in the same year and reduce losses.
The car was then fitted with an all SS exhaust with headers (Wolfgang Wurm, BMW-CS.de) , cross drilled brakes, a 380 Petroni, a new suspension, staggered 16 inch alpinas and some fine tuning...
it still has to have minor tweaks done ( no fairing under engine, orangener strut brace, etc...) but it drives fantastically, i have been trying to resist to spend all my time on the autobahns on the left lanes at 200 Km/h

I will be needing a lot of advice and know how to move along

Best regards and thank you for this great forum

and Merry Xmas

Luc

Attachments

• CW5H8056.jpg
    CW5H8056.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 196
  • CW5H8117.jpg
    CW5H8117.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 190
  • CW5H8123.jpg
    CW5H8123.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 202
  • CW5H8287.jpg
    CW5H8287.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 196
  • CW5H8839.jpg
    CW5H8839.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 199

SicilianE9

Reaction score
2 more photos..

a great trip to Bavaria 1200 Kms back and forth) to meet the E9 freunde in Bavaria

Attachments

• CW5H8853.jpg
    CW5H8853.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 177
  • CW5H8904.jpg
    CW5H8904.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 170

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
great find !
very nice car indeed
also i got a view on those nice cameras, ....mmmmm, that was my previous hobby, chemical photography, not canon, but leica m6, and zeiss ikon, and pentax 67, and mamiya 7, and widelux, and many more,....

SicilianE9

Reaction score
great find !
very nice car indeed
also i got a view on those nice cameras, ....mmmmm, that was my previous hobby, chemical photography, not canon, but leica m6, and zeiss ikon, and pentax 67, and mamiya 7, and widelux, and many more,....

I feel sorry to have abandoned the twin of your car , i loved the blue/beige combination but i lost confidence that the car would ever be completed, it happened just after our missed meeting, love the Alpinas on your E9 by the way.
I am afraid we will have to meet in the UK as I am now moving to Cheshire...but i still owe you a beer.

I see that you are a connoisseur, i love old Cameras, another discussion topic

Cheers.

Luc

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
well sad to know that you got rid of the dq's twin car

good to know that you are now in the uk, but not sure where is that place, i am very limited to london when i travel to the uk

photography ! yeah, i still maintain my enlarger and all the baths materials, and so on, but all that is now covered with brake lines, headlamps, and so on...

SicilianE9

Reaction score
well sad to know that you got rid of the dq's twin car

good to know that you are now in the uk, but not sure where is that place, i am very limited to london when i travel to the uk

photography ! yeah, i still maintain my enlarger and all the baths materials, and so on, but all that is now covered with brake lines, headlamps, and so on...

Sorry i could have been more precise, i work now in Crewe, Cheshire , i should say close to manchester, liverpool and have found a house in Chester and should be moving end of january.

My analog photog. Stuff is hardly being used , being spoiled by the digital interfacing comfort and lack of time , a shame, i like the mechanical feel like our non electronic cars...