A need to connect with Atlanta-area E9 people

perryevans

Reaction score
I have a need to reconnect with the (long ago) prior owner of my 1974 e9, who lived in Atlanta area, and restored the coupe. It's been a wonderful car, but I lost the ownership papers in a garage fire and need to have them reissued from Georgia DOT. Locating the prior owner would make this a lot less challenged. I suspect he'd be delighted to also see how it's fared. I recall him saying the car was special to him because he worked on the car with his Florida grandfather who did the seat restoration. I don't have a way of contacting him, I recall his name was Adam, but that may be a mistake. I'm attaching a pic of the coupe. Anyone who can suggest a connection to the owner would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 74 cs coupe.png
    74 cs coupe.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 734
let me know the VIN and i will see if i can find it ... also how long ago did you buy it? did you buy it directly from the person or Bring a Trailer, some other platform, a broker like Motorcar Studio?

paging @m5bb, @dbower, @Patton, @bdigel, @Dan Wood ... to see if any of them know the car. i scanned the coupe ancestry project and i didn't find any medium or dk blue '74 coupes in atlanta.

i've already looked through half of them ... i have also been through @HB Chris' VIN database, the previous e9 driven registry and the e9coupe registry. the problem for me might be that somebody bought a car, brought it to ATL. then sold it w/o being a member of e9 coupe.

i've already looked through half of them ... i have also been through @HB Chris' VIN database, the previous e9 driven registry and the e9coupe registry. the problem for me might be that somebody bought a car, brought it to ATL. then sold it w/o being a member of e9 coupe.
Do you have the link to my Google drive of scanned issues? Searchable.

let me know the VIN and i will see if i can find it ... also how long ago did you buy it? did you buy it directly from the person or Bring a Trailer, some other platform, a broker like Motorcar Studio?

paging @m5bb, @dbower, @Patton, @bdigel, @Dan Wood ... to see if any of them know the car. i scanned the coupe ancestry project and i didn't find any medium or dk blue '74 coupes in atlanta.
Don't know that car but I'll share with a couple of the other old fahrts.

Don

wow, sorry for delayed reply (traveling), sincerely appreciate all the help! VIN attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240915-131543.png
    Screenshot_20240915-131543.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 194
Do you have the link to my Google drive of scanned issues? Searchable.
that name does resonate, but it's been over 15 years, was from a listing on CL if I recall correctly. It was a GA registered car, and I picked it up at the guy's house in I think Decatur if that helps.

i do know there was a former coupe owner in the ATL area named Adam Nitti, i have seen his name in the old CS Register, but never had his VIN. the only previous owner i had for this car was in 1987 - Mark Mohney in Lakeland, FL

this has been SO helpful. I do believe it was Adam, and I just sent an email message to the only Adam Nitti on LinkedIn, who looks to be about the right age/appearance and happens to have a BMW racing image on his music website ;)

Pretty sure I've found what I'm looking for. I sincerely appreciate your extra effort in this, to all of you!

Back