A normal work day???? Yikes

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I was working on assembling my coupe wing/vent windows and dropped this screw on the floor.
The marker is to give you some idea of how small it is.
It landed this way!

Lotto ticket that day was a bust.

Attachments

• Tiny screw.jpg
    Tiny screw.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 165

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I keep a extending mechanic's magnet handy alllllll the time for just such emergencies...

My gut reaction is to listen very carefully after I've dropped something like this.... often times you can hear it bounce and ricochet.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I keep a extending mechanic's magnet handy alllllll the time for just such emergencies...

My gut reaction is to listen very carefully after I've dropped something like this.... often times you can hear it bounce and ricochet.

I do the same but these screws are stainless steel and chrome plated. Magnets won't work. But I did listen as best I could over the rock & roll playing in my garage.

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
oh hell... magnets defeated by the SS fastener! Dammit!

Well... in such cases I recommend a bright flashlight with a narrow/focused beam. I have located many a lost bolt/washer/screw in the recesses under a hood using a very focused flashlight to probe the nooks and crannies.

It's always an adventure, right?

JayWltrs

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well... in such cases I recommend a bright flashlight with a narrow/focused beam.

Laying with my head on the ground in the driveway with a flashlight whispering curses while searching for some mishandled bit. Realized the neighbor kids outside had fallen quiet. I had become the crazy man next door.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score
yes, the flashlight is perfect for this , mostly the shadow is greater than the object . That's the way i kill mosquitos :D

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I dip all the nuts and bolts in powdered sugar before I start working so if I drop one I can call the dog over to find it for me.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I do the same and half of them end up in the cakes we serve our guests. Somehow they keep coming to visit us.

I dip all the nuts and bolts in powdered sugar before I start working so if I drop one I can call the dog over to find it for me.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
glad you found it Gary ... now to find the other part you dropped. thanks for your help today