A tale of two S54s

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
Two separate BAT auctions closed today both of which featured an S54-engined bimmer.

I would very much enjoy owning either of these. I've always liked the styling of that generation Z4 coupe (but don't call me a Bangle-head, unless you're talking about the band), and it's hard to beat a sleeper wagon. Interestingly there was only $1000 difference in the sale prices when all was said and done.

These cars are both nearing the end of the normally aspirated, hydraulic steering BMWs. I would truly have a hard time deciding which one I'd prefer. Curious if any others felt the same way?

I like the stock Z4 M, which looks like nothing else on the road.

What happened to the rest of the e46 M3 donor car for the wagon build? Had he crashed it since he bought in 2020?

I like the stock Z4 M, which looks like nothing else on the road.

What happened to the rest of the e46 M3 donor car for the wagon build? Had he crashed it since he bought in 2020?
If you dig through the comments you can find a couple of mentions of the fate of the donor. From the seller:

"The donor car was stripped. Whatever was able to be swapped over to the wagon went over. The shell and remaining parts went to a buddy who had just recently wrecked his track car. It just happened to work out that way as the seller of the donor car wasnt the name registered on the title and it was very difficult to swap over as he had left the country permanently after the sale."

Back