AC faceplate drawing

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Hello, everybody.

Since interior parts are becoming more and more scarce, I have been taking some time to draw out some of the more rare parts I come upon. In this instance, it is the coveted AC faceplate. I drew it using AutoCAD, a ruler, and the part. The part is drawn such that one unit is 1mm. I did not cut out the hole for the radio, since my AC faceplate already has a DIN slot hacked out. Note that this faceplate was from a Bavaria, but as far as I can tell, it is identical to the coupe AC faceplate.

With this drawing, you should be able to take it to a shop and have them make one for you for a reasonable cost. The drawing itself is in the form of a .dxf file, a pretty much universal drafting standard. You should be able to use a DXF viewer to get any dimensions required off the drawing, or if that is not working, I can add dimensions and make a proper drafting layout with dimensions.

Here is the file:
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gtg982h/coupe/ACfaceplate.dxf

The next part I am considering doing are the plastic panels that go on the center console sides that let air into the blower motor when the coupe has AC. (you know, the ones that always break)

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
The Bavaria (E3) A/C faceplate is NOT the same as the E9. The obvious difference is that it is taller, but they are not interchangeable. I tried it years ago.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
How much taller? I did a test fit in my coupe and it seemed to fit ok.

I also have the Bavaria console side panels, which I plan to measure and modify to mount in the same way as the Coupe side panels. This would let someone use both the AC plate and the bavaria panels to make a new center console, if they have a heater faceplate.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A/C Panel

My coupe came with the e3 panel and it will fit but the radio becomes inaccessible behind the shifter platform. I now have the correct panel, it has 8 vent slots vs. 7 slots on the e9.