Adapting E24 sport seats

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a chance to acquire a set early Euro e24 sport seats. Are they easily adaptable to a 74 e9?
I assume swapping the rails from the e9 seats is the first step.

Would there be any other modifications involved?

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The e24 was based on the e12 platform throug '82. From what I read on the forum the front bolt right in. The rears drop in also but the rear buckets don't have the recess for the wheel wells. If you modify them they fit otherwise they site about an inch higher. I was planning on going this route until I found my parts car.

Actually out of an 83 e24 so probably e28 based

Here's what I got. Price was too good to pass them up. I'll figure out how to fit them, get them recovered and have them in sometime this spring.

If anyone who adapted e24 sports could snap a pic of the bracket that would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

John M

Attachments

• IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    689.5 KB · Views: 579
Early e24 seats or late model? The early seats were more like the e21 / e12 which I believe would be easier to mount in the coupe than the e28 & e30 type seats which had raised feet an integrated sliders ... They also had the ability to tilt the seat base

They're from a 1983 Euro e24 so late model. Manual seats, e28 chassis based e24. Forum search turned up members who adapted same seats with a fabricated bracket. If anyone can share a photo of the bracket that would be great.

Call Dave at aardvark in San Diego
King of seats

Are you missing seats or just find e24 seats more comfortable?

E9 seats look awesome, but I'm putting Recaros in mine.

I tried asking in another thread too, but here goes. What do guys think about the E31 seats with built in seat belts in a E9?

I have put electric heated E46 M3 seats in mine for the moment. I have a bad back and the heated element makes all the difference.

Its probably an anathema to purists but it will make all the difference for me.

The challenge will be to the trimmer when he has to make them look a lot less space age and more in keeping with the age of the car. I already have chrome switches to take away some of the plastic feel to the sides.

Having suffered back paid driving my R107 MB I wanted a bit of comfort.

Rear seat are yet to be decided upon the but built in seat belts are a real plus so I might think about the same in the rear.

Attachments

• IMG_2766.jpg
    IMG_2766.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 188
Are you missing seats or just find e24 seats more comfortable?

E9 seats look awesome, but I'm putting Recaros in mine.

Original seats in mine are in good condition. I have sport seats in my e21 (recaros) and e46. Just looking for something more like those.

Back