Advice needed for Rear Anti Sway Bar and sound proofing material for engine

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
These cars are faster without the rear sway bar. I disconnected my adjustable completely 2-3 years ago.
We did it to brother's racer at the advice of a pro racer buddy sharing car at event and verified it with the lap times. Same pro driver drove mine and made same suggestion on a long road tour/event weekend. So i did and its more 'hooked up', less twitchy coming out of corners. They like to roll.

But, you have to look at the total sum of ALL your bits....
that is fascinating.

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
What was BMW's rationale for omitting it for the '74 model ?
Was it deemed to have no / little effect or was it taken care of somehow by the wider track / thicker bar upfront ?
It's good to know Shannon that there is a speed advantage, but woul BMW have been prepared to sacrifice a safety feature for it ?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
These cars are faster without the rear sway bar. I disconnected my adjustable completely 2-3 years ago.
We did it to brother's racer at the advice of a pro racer buddy sharing car at event and verified it with the lap times. Same pro driver drove mine and made same suggestion on a long road tour/event weekend. So i did and its more 'hooked up', less twitchy coming out of corners. They like to roll.

But, you have to look at the total sum of ALL your bits....

Was waiting for someone with racing experience to post this. I knew it was coming based on past research. I think I will keep my adjustable, just set on the softest setting or disconnected.

On my jeep I removed my rear swaybar and had swaybar quick disconnects on the front. If you don't do this you won't get full flexibility when rock crawling. This is the end result on a mostly stock suspension.
2051924972_2d0c4f1f2f_o.jpg

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Decided to forgo any rear anti-sway bar for now and will revisit later. Thank you very much for all the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
scott ... you can always add one later. the ones listed below are the ones that are going on my coupe when i swap the rear swingarms and put disk brakes on the 2800cs. i think they are the best overall for the coupe. Carl Nelson recommends and sells them to go with bilsteins and his springs. good enough advice for me.