Advice on eBay 1974 3.0cs

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Search this site for another thread on this coupe. You need to learn much more about these cars before you plunge head first into coupe ownership or you may get fleeced. It was upgraded with a 5 speed, standard US spec carbed CS. Get a local expert to check it out.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks!! I just found the other thread and posted there. I should have looked more carefully.

I LOVE these cars. My all time favorite. I am glad to see this is an active forum. I am looking for the best example I can find that needs no work. I am willing to pay about $20-$30k at the high end. If anyone has any good advice on a manual transmission that fits that bill, please let me know. This car looks pretty good to me at first blush.

Scott

pamp

Reaction score
Dot

Odd to see the strut spacers in their original location and not either gone or moved to the top. Not sure if that is good or bad.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Eliminate the big bumpered cars. Too much trouble converting to chrome. The wood was too shiney and finished for my taste, speakers in the kickpanels ugly.

Read, take your time. The guys on this site know so much. Take advantage of their experience.

Steve

pamp

Reaction score
Oh

Yeah
100_0323-3.jpg

100_1106-1.jpg

ny30cs

Reaction score
Eliminate the big bumpered cars. Too much trouble converting to chrome. The wood was too shiney and finished for my taste, speakers in the kickpanels ugly.

Read, take your time. The guys on this site know so much. Take advantage of their experience.

Steve
That's what makes a horse race. I like the big bumper cars!!!! Last year in US..... Practical and a bit safer. I know it's because I have one but I really do prefer the big bumper cars.
It was a Black one that my friend owned back in 74. I drooled over it for years and lusted for one since....Not any more......

Attachments

• IMG_1873.jpg
    IMG_1873.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 131

pamp

Reaction score
Spacers?

The spacers measure 3/4 of an inch. They put them in to get the DOT mandated bumper height. Folks either move them to the top (so as not to have to cut the studs I suppose) or delete them completely in order to lower the nose of the car. EZ. I suppose if they are still in the original location then that would indicate that little or no suspension work has been done. Also an area to inspect for rust.

66toaster

Reaction score
Scottevest's search

There's a '72 on Craigslist/Tucson, asking $23k with re-built engine. Usual no knowledge of car or affiliation, etc.