Air Filter Box Options

Rek

Reaction score
My car has a M30B34 Alpina B10 engine, and I am currently using a K&N conical air filter.

I have since been warned off this. What options have members used for an engine swap for the air filter? I bought a 635i box but the diameter of the air intake is smaller on that box than on my intake. I expected them to be pretty much the same but thats a wrong assumption.

Install a csi air box ?
Gerhard had some factory brackets.

Install a csi air box ?
Gerhard had some factory brackets.

I now have three CSI airboxes that I am refinishing, two will be for sale. The only thing holding me up is that I need to weld a dime size hole on mine. My welder ran out of wire.... Tiny violin....

Pics of B10 motor please! I would love to find a B10 valve cover. Something to tide me over before I can spring for an Alpina airboxes.

Pics of B10 motor please! I would love to find a B10 valve cover. Something to tide me over before I can spring for an Alpina airboxes.
There is nothing special about the motor. It was built by Sytner in the UK and looks the same as the stock motor. It does have a stamped number on the cylinder head and its own engine number starting with B11/2 but looks the same as any other engine.

I now have three CSI airboxes that I am refinishing, two will be for sale. The only thing holding me up is that I need to weld a dime size hole on mine. My welder ran out of wire.... Tiny violin....
This could work but I have not seen one of these as my original engine was a CS. CAn you let me know what the diameter of the induction hosed is please.

Back