Airdams from Alberto. Guys Need work!

aguirola

Reaction score
Well my friends, I have 1 airdam in SFO, but as I had a "steering ball joint" replaced in my shoulder,
and, I do not have many plans on traveling.

Plus, this is "the yearly, busy season" until the end of July, in our business.

Alas, I have to keep my guy working, and are proceeding to make 5 more Airdams + very few dash vents, small odds & ends.

We destroyed the elephant skins while pulling moulds, and proceeded to melt one with too much catalyzer
for the "thin" skin. So, that project is on hold, otherwise, we'd be making those.

Still can make CSL wings, if anyone has the need. (roof & trunk lid).

So, save your D Marks, and think about buying one, or 2 of anything I make, for around August.

Thank you all for your kind support for my great "glass master", without whom, we would not have any parts HE makes.

Regards, Alberto

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
You can definitely advertise your wares on Ebay too.

Maybe strike up a deal w/businesses like Coupe King to supply them w/your parts.

aguirola

Reaction score
Rob, great thoughts, thank you. I will now ramble on about my thoughts on the topic at hand.

My issues mostly reside on maintaining prices as low as possible for all, thus eBay,
that charges me and you a commission, + taxes, will inevitably raise cost. Please add P pal to the equation.

This will demotivate many from purchasing, and lower sales. Yes, I could try to charge more,
but that is not my thought. Mother Theresa I am not, but we are fair, and affordable.

Think about it, I pay for an airline ticket (clearly, my purpose for flying is not only taking parts)
as shipping from here, simply does not work in numbers.
Try to make a set of dashboard vents, and tell me how much it would cost. Impossible, thus NLA for 40 years. Wow!

Charging more is not part of my endeavours, plain and simple, and that has kept us in demand. Great products at reasonable prices.

Set up a distributorship with someone else, i.e. most of the "reputable" vendors,
raises prices once again, and I lose control on the handling, shipping, etc.

I pride myself for 100 % reliability, as all you E9 friends have experienced in person, and I stand 100% behind
what we produce and sell. The moment I lose control, there goes my reputation...
I cannot blame XYZ for anything that goes awry, and pass the 'buck'.

I appreciate your efforts with the positive ideas, but I still have to keep my master "glass collaborator"
working, as if not, alas, in this country, he is considered 'old', thus you can get 2 of him for the same cost,
and he will be out of work, as his talents are way above 2 young ones. EXPERIENCE, is all, and only with age...
He has been with me for 35 years, and as long as he wishes to, he will continue.
He works for my esteemed clients, not for me, as my demands fore all my needs are all fulfilled.

The day he quits, that day I quit making parts, and keep doing what I always do, my "real business", as this is not.

We will keep on going, as my responsibility towards him and his family exceed my cost.
This is not the USA :) , things are very different in the 3rd world.

Kind regards,
Alberto

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I understand, but not every E9 owner knows/peruses this forum. At least very often (like me).

Ebay, you have millions of people worldwide searching on there. Add an extra 13% to cover fees.

Also, tune your website so that when people search for "E9 spoiler" or "E9 defrost", your website is near the top of the search results.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
IMG_6725.JPG

aguirola

Reaction score
Thank you all for the great advice. Once we finish the assorted parts, and back to the 'surfboard' bag,
I will ask my son to explain the intricacies of Facebook. Me, o_O

Ebay, I know quite well, have been there and done that.
Website, I do not have one :)

Regards, Alberto

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
You could also have your son set you up with an Instagram account, and show pics of your products on there.

I visited Casa de Mar in El Tunco/Sunzal many times between 2015-2019. Great waves and great people. Made some nice local friends there, and we still keep in touch.

aguirola

Reaction score
You could also have your son set you up with an Instagram account, and show pics of your products on there.

I visited Casa de Mar in El Tunco/Sunzal many times between 2015-2019. Great waves and great people. Made some nice local friends there, and we still keep in touch.
Definitely, my son will help me set it up, as I am a carbs man :)
Glad to hear you made it here, indeed a great place and really nice people.

If you come back, let me know.

Regards, Alberto

aguirola

Reaction score
Well, if the lower section of an E3 is very similar, it may require a few cuts and reshaping,
same as we did with our airdam, that originally came from a Hartge Airdam on an E28.
No easy feat, but as you can see from the results, anything can be done.
An E28, is way different from an E9.

If you are a 'glass' man, no problem, if not, it may involve a lot of $.
The best solution, if enough interest, say more than 10, you could do a group effort and send me an E3 nose,
only the lower section.

I am willing and able. The ball is in the E3 court.

Kind regards,

Alberto

Last edited:

aguirola

Reaction score
According to this site in Poland, it is the same:

Of course, there is the usual caveat:

"the proper installation of the element requires knowledge about properties of fiberglass.
When purchasing these parts have to accept that some of them may require more or less work for a perfect fit."

These are the types that are 100% opposite of what we do...

Last edited: