"AL" from Slovenia with a BMW 3.0CS 1973

aljaz11

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Aljaž and I have been hunting for an E9 for the last three years. Ever since I saw one I couldnt help myself :) Luck turned around last month and I bought an 1973 BMW 3.0CS.

Car was imported from US in 1991 and it was owned by one owner in Italy. It was a sad car sitting for a couple of years on a driveway. Rust situation is bad in some places and when I bought it the car didnt run. However it was a complete car with a well maintained interior. I believe and hope it will be a solid project for a full restoration.

My goal for this year is to get it back on the road. Right now I am getting parts to refresh brakes, clutch, engine and do a small service.....first I had to clean up the car and discovering rust in new areas was always a bit depressing. Last week the car started after a long time and it brought a big smile on my face. I am only concerned about the oil pump light (big red B) which is turned on. At the moment I am rebuilding the oil filter housing and waiting for a new oil pump sensor. Hopefully, the problem is with the sensor and there are not the oil pump.

I must thank all the members on this forum who are posting great threads on rebuilding this wonderful piece of BMW history!

Here is my first photo of the car on the way home.

Cheers,

Al

Attachments

• 3036.jpg
    3036.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 201

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome Aljaz,

One red warning light is brake fluid level sensor and handbrake switch and located in the Tach. Oil pressure light is Yellow 'O' and next to the charging light which is Red in the Combo gauge.

aljaz11

Site Donor
Reaction score
Welcome Aljaz,

One red warning light is brake fluid level sensor and handbrake switch and located in the Tach. Oil pressure light is Yellow 'O' and next to the charging light which is Red in the Combo gauge.

HB Cris thank you very much!!! This post made my day :) I had to go back to the owners handbood to figure out where I missed it. I was reading instructions on pg. 32 which refers CSI model and never realized it - very sloppy of me.

On top I learned a new word today "telltale" :)

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Al and welcome. I was in Ljubljana a couple of years ago and also made it up to Lake Bled; beautiful city and the lake area was spectacular. I assume tan interior with that Malaga paint?