ALERT!Maybe Getting Too Old.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi. I feel so luck to be able to tell this story. I remember that a memberwas looking for a bulb holder and I knew I had one somewhere in all the boxes of parts my son left in my cellar.
Makimg a lomg story short I found the part and because my camera was upstairs I took the part up to take a photo and than list the part on the forum. This is the part that hurts, makes me hust all over. I opened the cellar door and because I'm not supposed to go up and down stairs and am going to PT because of a balnce problem, I decided to put the part on the top step and take it down next time. As I bent down I must have bent over too much and I went down the 14 steps head first landing on my head on the concrete floor.
Not remembering what really happened my wife found me at he bottom of the staircase with my head covered in blood and eyes closed and thinking that I was dead. I had a lump the size of the Roundel on the hood of my BMW. The ER was whre I spent the next eleven hours of tests with the end result not having anything broken. (not bad for a 81 year old ). Needless to say my wife will not let me go down the stairs so the finding parts foe forum members comes to a halt unti Thursday when my wife goes to BINGO.
Thanks for taking time to read this.
Have a great evening.
Harry.

Oh crap, Harry...Hang in there old friend! I could get so much more done if my wife played bingo...Gotta love all that they do. Take care and try to behave,
Dave V.

Yeah, the BINGO reference shows we still wanna do, what we wanna do! But seriously, as noted above, why not bring all that stuff UP. Must be a spare room, a corner of the garage or somewhere with no stairs, where you can access and rummage when you are looking for something, sans stairs. Get well soon!

Hi. I feel so luck to be able to tell this story. I remember that a memberwas looking for a bulb holder and I knew I had one somewhere in all the boxes of parts my son left in my cellar.
Makimg a lomg story short I found the part and because my camera was upstairs I took the part up to take a photo and than list the part on the forum. This is the part that hurts, makes me hust all over. I opened the cellar door and because I'm not supposed to go up and down stairs and am going to PT because of a balnce problem, I decided to put the part on the top step and take it down next time. As I bent down I must have bent over too much and I went down the 14 steps head first landing on my head on the concrete floor.
Not remembering what really happened my wife found me at he bottom of the staircase with my head covered in blood and eyes closed and thinking that I was dead. I had a lump the size of the Roundel on the hood of my BMW. The ER was whre I spent the next eleven hours of tests with the end result not having anything broken. (not bad for a 81 year old ). Needless to say my wife will not let me go down the stairs so the finding parts foe forum members comes to a halt unti Thursday when my wife goes to BINGO.
Have a great evening.
Harry.
So sorry for your scary and painful fall. Happy you are recovering and full of good humor.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery! im glad it wasn’t worse. I’m sure you’ll be sore for a good bit, but hopefully nothing more

Nutzzzz....
Glad you are ok (or at least on the path to that).
Shhh.... I won't tell about BINGO. LOL

Get well soon Harry …
no more going up the stairs after you have had a drink of Hennessy lol … only joking

I’ll send you my old racing helmet. As a bonus it’s also fire resistant in case you end up in the fire place someday.

Seriously, please be careful Harry!!

Have a great evening.
Harry.

Get well mate. You want to hope your wife isn't a forum member, or Bingo you are in trouble :D

Back