Alert: weak W&N exhaust hangers

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I got the exhaust hangers with my W&N stainless exhaust. The hangers are crap, the metal end pieces are simply heat-molded onto the rubber. Found my rear exhaust hanging down today. These are a couple months old and not many miles:

IMG_1731.jpg

So off to Ace Hardware for the fix: 4 M5 bolts, washers and lock nuts:

IMG_1737.jpg

Ideally I would have fabricated a metal plate for the inside nuts to more spread out the load but all my stuff is packed up so washers will have to do for now. I'm going to proactively do the other rear muffler one which is identical.

Last edited:
That has been a multiyear long problem. We have had them fail before ever even driving the car on the street.
Ask for your money back- they have been very accommodating.

Next time buy the other brand.... well made- no failures.

I had a similar issue couple months back. Ordered one from Rogerstii , it’s same as the W&N pictured. Ordered another from BMW dealer online and it’s genuine BMW, was all black and seemed much sturdier. (Like the BTS part in Don’s post) I used the latter but didn’t think to take a side by side photo.o_O

Last edited:
At the recommendation of SFDon, I am going to order a number of these for myself and some friends from BTS. Shipping is 42€ for any amount of them. If anyone else would like to order a couple in the same batch, the shipping per piece would be considerably reduced.

Attachments

• BTS support hangers.png
    BTS support hangers.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 111
I paid $29 plus 12.50 shipping from BMW Northwest Tacoma. I was in a bit of a hurry. Got it in a week.

176FF0CE-EFC6-422D-A915-261C28AD6251.png

Last edited:
I had a similar failure with the rear shock rubbers that fit inside the shock towers.
They even failed without driving one yard/cm...

Rubbers from Walloth? It's the only things where I prefer the dealer.

Back