Almost there

gazzol

Reaction score
I was going to wait till my coupe is back on the road before posting any pics but I've been let down by the people restoring the alloys so I'll have to wait a little longer. This is worse than water torture :cry:

Any way here it is for now

P1020026.jpg

You are a very patient person, I've got 4 mounted spares if you would like to use them. :D It looks great.

Very nice-- She's definitely a beaut.

In addition to the question about the cage, are those Brembo brakes?

Yes "she" has a cage, it's a 10 point which I made myself mounted to: front bulkhead, A post inner sill, B post inner sill, rear subframe mounting point and the rear shock absorber towers via the rear bulkhead. Yes the front calipers are Brembo but only with standard discs at the moment. The Brembos were used because I had them lying arround from a previous project and theginal front calipers are now on the rear,they are a dual circuit caliper so I have one circuit for the foot brake and the other for the hand (emergancy) brake which now operates hydraulically.

With regards to modifications, five speed overdrive box (sold c/r dog leg box didn't like), LSD, poly bushed suspension, lowered suspension, Bilsteins, M90 3.5 liter (stock) block, new boot (trunk) floor to my own design to accomodate larger 18 (U.K.) gallon fuel tank compleatly inside, battery relocated to boot, all fuel & brake lines inside car, brake proportioning valve, S/S braided brake hoses, rear seats removed & stripped interior with bucket seats & harnesses, carbon fibre facia on dash,
twin brake servos (boosters) removed and replaced with hydraulic booster system from 6 series, de bumpered front & rear with slots in front panel welded up and mounting holes for rear bumper welded up, CSL opening panels fitted, twin exhausts. And probably a few other things that I can't remember at the moment.
With regards to restoration work, 4 X floor pans, repairs to inner sills (inner rockers) inc rear jacking points, repairs to rear subfame mounting points inc further strengthening, repairs to rear wheel tubs, boot floor, repairs to diff mounting and further strengthening required due to LSD fitted, repairs to front inner wings, replaced roof panel with salveged item without sunroof (estimated weight saving from roof 40-50 lbs!!!), removed lower front valence as rotten and redundant as covered by spoiler (weight saving) removed front splash guards as redundant also weight saving) due to plastic protectors being fitted. And probably ... etc

Back