Alpina 16" Half way there-need help from board

Shawn

Reaction score
Last weekend I picked up two Alpina 16" open lug rims for the rear. They are beautiful and correct. 16X8 et24. My only problem is that I now need the fronts. I am patient and am willing to wait for them to "surface" but sooner rather than later would be nice. Please contact me offboard if you have a set of the fronts for sale (16X7 et11, openlug).

Thanks,

Shawn :lol:

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
I dropped off my coupe today for an alignment and swapped out my 14x7 Alpina wheels for a set of staggered 16x7/16x8 Alpinas. Man what a difference.....the car drives like it's on rails with this tire/wheel set-up.

corsachili

Reaction score
Forget matching the wheels Shawn, that's so 90s. Much more boughetto is to have 16s on the rear, and OE 14s on the front. That's sure to win you Best in Class this weekend at Palo Alto!

andrey

Reaction score
No no, you put two of your expensive new wheels on one side (the curb side), and leave the stock ones on the other side for now (until the next paycheck?).

Shawn

Reaction score
Great ideas guys and actually I might try TJ's suggestion, might be a trippy optical illusion which could make the car look aggressively raked? Unfortunately the fronts are going to be a PIA to find (maybe that is why he sold the rears to me! hahahahahahahahaha) so I am going with Kurt's idea and use them as side tables with clear glass tops. Might as well get some type of mileage out of my purchase even if not on the blacktop.

Thanks,

Shawn and the latest screwed up coupe binge purchase, out.