Alpina B2 3.0 CSL for sale in Spain

Lorenzo

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, very interresting car but seems it's not a conversion of a CSL but a lightweighted CS or CSI.

shanon

Reaction score
Can we get a VIN?

+1, looks like a lite CS, not a CSL. Converted when the 'deco' graphics appeared when the green Grosser Beer Alpina was racing in the late 70s.

Still wouldn't kick it outta bed for eatin crackers.
Nice steering wheel ;-)

shanon

Reaction score
Understood, thanks. It is tarted up like an 'L' from the outside.....

Someone go get the VIN, maybe the old Alpina conversion work order docs while your shaking the bushes ;-)

Reaction score
Hi all,

again the link: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C516023

I added a copy of the German 'Brief' (title) from the car where it's certified as an original Alpina B2 3.0 CSL specs conversion, with all details.

Even interesting, I'm selling a complete Alpina Coupes collection that includes, moreover the B2, a 1978 E24 B7 Turbo Coupe (153 units ever built), a 1978 E24 B8 3.2 Coupe (only 6 units ever built!) and two 1992 B12 5.0 Coupe (97 units built) All cars are in great to amaizing condition.

It's probably one of the most interesting Alpina Coupes collection in Europe.

Best regards.

Jaime QUERALT-LORTZING BECKMANN

dascoupeguy

Reaction score
VIN on this car

4305389 is seen on the workorder(?) in accompanying pic on this site. Easily seen. DCG

There is another 7 digit # on that page... I think it is 4030067. someone needs to research???

Last edited:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all,

again the link: http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C516023

I added a copy of the German 'Brief' (title) from the car where it's certified as an original Alpina B2 3.0 CSL specs conversion, with all details.

Even interesting, I'm selling a complete Alpina Coupes collection that includes, moreover the B2, a 1978 E24 B7 Turbo Coupe (153 units ever built), a 1978 E24 B8 3.2 Coupe (only 6 units ever built!) and two 1992 B12 5.0 Coupe (97 units built) All cars are in great to amaizing condition.

It's probably one of the most interesting Alpina Coupes collection in Europe.

Best regards.

Keep us posted on that. Photos and pricing would be nice.

Reaction score
Hi again,

The VIN of the car is 4305389 and was originally one of the 844 BMW 2.5 CS ever built. The first registration is from May 1975 and probably was bought from its second owner as one of the cheapest options to get a used CS's or directly its first owner was tired to be slower than all 3.0 CSI's at the Autobahn, because it was converted to Alpina B2 3.0 CSL specs at July 1978.

Best regards.

Reaction score
About the Alpina Coupes collection, that Nicad so kindly asked, I'm attaching you some pictures .

The B7 Turbo Coupe is the black E24 and the silver one is the B8 3.2 Coupe.

Prices are 80k € for the 1978 B7 Turbo Coupe (#14 from 153 built), 70k € for the 1978 B8 3.2 Coupe (only 6 units ever built!), 80k € for the Alpina Blue 1992 B12 5.0 Coupe (amazing condition! #83 from 97 ever built) and 70k € for the Montego Black 1992 B12 5.0 Coupe (only one originally painted in this color. #72)

Best regards.

Attachments

• Lateral.jpg
    Lateral.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 309
  • Salpicadero.jpg
    Salpicadero.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 283
  • Tres cuartos delantera 2.JPG
    Tres cuartos delantera 2.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 286
  • Portada.jpg
    Portada.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 298
  • Tres cuartos delantera.jpg
    Tres cuartos delantera.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 269

shanon

Reaction score
Thx for the updates.

Clever PO converting a 2.5 to a B2. Should get an excellent return on it.

Nice steering wheel btw ;)

Tierfreund

Reaction score
The only thing that rattles me is the x of xx fetish.

Too often it is used to argue up the percieved value of something. As with the 2.5. The fact that only 800something were made does not make it more desirable. On the contrary, only 8xx were built because it was a sad relation to the mighty 3.0CSi...

Alright, the value of a GTO is high because only 30something were made. And some Alpinas serve to that logic as well.

But only 1400 AWS shopper were built. And aren´t we all thankfull...:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWS_Shopper

jefftepper

Reaction score
The only thing that rattles me is the x of xx fetish.

Too often it is used to argue up the percieved value of something. As with the 2.5. The fact that only 800something were made does not make it more desirable. On the contrary, only 8xx were built because it was a sad relation to the mighty 3.0CSi...

Alright, the value of a GTO is high because only 30something were made. And some Alpinas serve to that logic as well.

But only 1400 AWS shopper were built. And aren´t we all thankfull...:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/AWS_Shopper

This post makes me smile. I come from the Vintage Mustang world and the "1 of xx" fetish there sometimes is laughable. Back when these old Fords were built, cars were marketed a la carte. Selecting from a long option list allowed buyers to tailor their new car to their taste. Sometimes that resulted in such rare oddities as a red car with blue interior (1 of 1). Fast forward 50 years and rare = desirable = $$$$, or so the seller would like you to believe. There are other examples where the car has been modified such that it it a "1 of none" meaning, Ford didn't build any!

At the end of the day, I find the "1 of xx" fascination interesting and though I am mildly curious about how many other cars might have been built with the same equipment as mine (17 documented factory installed options plus 3 owner installed options), my sense is that if you drill down through the options list far enough, one will probably find that their car is 1 of 5 or fewer originally built. I am not planning to track that down.

Reaction score
Guten Tag Tierfreund,

sorry but don't missunderstand me. I didn't put 'one of the 844 BMW 2.5 CS ever built' as something that increases or not the value of my car. It's a fact but even that it's not a 2.5 CS anymore. I only wanted to explain that people in Germany used to purchase this cars in order to use them as the cheapest base to made an Alpina conversion.

Anyway, I have to recognize myself as a 'one of xx' fanatic :-D as I always like to find rare cars.

Beste Grüße aus der sonnige Madrid.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Fetishism relates to XXX, not x nor xx.

Would love to own one of the E24s Jaime is selling. My wife may drop me from being 1 out of 5 at home to 0 out of 4.

Tierfreund

Reaction score
@Jaime QUERALT-LORTZING BECKMANN

No worries mate. My rant was not really directed towards you and your post. On an Alpina mostly the production numbers were low for the right reasons (a true conisseurs car, low production capacity, exclusive product).
And your presentation was and is not prone to hyperbole.

I was makeing a very general observation. For example there are 16 Million possible combinations (chassis, engine, body, clours, options, etc.) for a current model year Ford Transit. So most would be possbily 1 of 1 built...

:)