ALPINA B2 carburetor linkage

AxelB2

Reaction score
Hello!

as I am new in the Forum, i first want to thank, that i was added and introduce myself and our project...
My name is Axel, i live in Mannheim, Germany, and help my brother Jesko restoring an ALPINA B2 E9 coupe, that was already modified in the 1970s.
We bought the car as a given up restoration project with many already restored components. The body work was already done, but as we want to paint the car in its original Fjord Blue color and some details need to be reworked on, we strip the whole body again...
The car has special ALPINA front brakes, 7.200 tachometer, ventilated rear brake rotors, adjustable stabilizers, LSD diff, ZF 5 speed sport gearbox, Scheel seats, 1/2 size roll bar etc. The matching numbers (clinder head/crankcase) B2 engine with alpina purolator, 3xSolex 40 DDHT and hemispheric combustion chambers is undergoing restoration at the moment. I attached a picture of how the engine looked, when we got it. Nice is, that on the valve cover still had the original anthrazit color on it, that ALPINA used for covers in this time...

In another thread we will post pictures of the restoration process from time to time and hope the members of this forum will be interested in it. We would be also very happy to get in touch with other Alpina B2 owners and experts!

The engine came with the Solex Carbs, manifolds and Purolator (not installed on the pic), but the main linkage of the Solex carbs, the two brackets for it, the thin connecting pipe and the bigger fuel pipe for the carbs are missing! See picture attached of the missing parts and where the bracket for the linkage is normally installed on the manifold...

Does anybody have these parts for sale or can borrow us these to replicate them? Or are there drawings of these parts available?

And somewhere i read, that there is an typewriter manual form ALPINA for the installation and setting of the Solex 40 DDHT carbs. Does anybody have a copy of this or other B2 specific ALPINA documents? This would help us very much to restore the car to it´s original condition!

Best regards

Axel

Attachments

• Alpina_1.jpg
    Alpina_1.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 59
  • Alpina_2.jpg
    Alpina_2.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 61
  • ALPINA_3.jpg
    ALPINA_3.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 67
Welcome to the forum Axel.

we look forward to seeing your rebuild of this special car. please start a thread in e9 projects and restorations and add on to it as you go ... it will keep everything in one place. this will help you if you ever go to sell it, but more importantly, it will help anybody else either rebuilding an Alpina e9 or building a tribute car.

i recommend that you do a little reading in the FAQ for things like best sources, what color to paint where, the differences between model years, etc. we don't have a lot of Alpina specific information, but we can help you with the basic things. you have a lot of good sources in Germany and people such as @Keshav, @Christoph and @Gerrit will be great resources ... so if / when you see them pop-up on your thread, pay attention.

cheers and look forward to reading on
scott

Back