Alpina chin spoiler

TimP

Reaction score
One of the recent CS/CSL on ebay (I can't remember which one) came with a mold for the nice little Alpina air dam. Did the new owner ever show up here? I know there was some interest here in doing a limited production run and if there is an existing mold we'd be halfway there.

.......Alpina spoiler.......I got one, but not that one.

I recently acquired an Alpina spoiler like the one in the pics I posted in the Documenttion section of the E9 gallery.

It is aluminum, and WAS in excellent shape.......until the DHL guys closed that plane door on it and bent up one corner (very repairable, its metal).

I was curious if anyone would be interested in this style/look to justify making a 'mold or copies'.

When I settle with DHL, it will get repaired and maybe I'll get some quotes to have some copies made........

Let me know if your interested.

BTW: might be considering making batch of custon CS vintage racing legal 4pt roll cages also........ 8)

-shanon

roll cage

shanon,How's your hot rod coupe coming along?I'd like to see some pics!If i were any better at the computer i woould post a few altough im taking forever finishing the car!The latst time i saw your brother shawn was at the alfa/bmw challenge (he had some type of electrical problem so by the time i got there and i dint get to see him race.I've been working on my cage and boy is it a struggle,work day after day and it looks like i've done nothing but throw away half the material!Good luck give a ring if you have any Questions 805-368-5857 The aluminum air dam sounds too cool!

hey there,

My 'special' is coming along nicely regardless of my maiden voyage fiasco. In the interim, I've been tidying up the intrerior & electrical stuff while waiting to get my struts/rotors back.

Looks great and am very pleased. I'll take some pics when it get's back out of the 'Bat Cave'.

-shanon
'70 2800cs (Rallye Special?)

Alpina Mold

I have one of the Alpina front chin spoilers on hand, and can find a shop to make a mold and produce the pieces.

Just reply here and commit. If we get enough interest I'll get some prices that are reasonalble for this piece.

I bought the csl that was on ebay. Its getting shipped this week. The owner kept the mold as part of the negotiation. I can contact him if anyone is interested.

I've been working on my cage and boy is it a struggle,work day after day and it looks like i've done nothing but throw away half the material!

I know exactly how you feel. I'm doing seven days a week at the moment and have been doing for nearly three months now. work during the day CS at night sometimes till 10pm mostly till 8pm then all day Saturday and Sunday. It seems like its never ending. It's only when You realise that it takes some people many years to comlete their restorations that you appreciate how much progress is being made. Once my car is solid I plan on making a cage too, have bought the pipe bender and the tube. Post some pics when you're done we can compare notes.

Regards

Gazzol

Back