Alpina spoiler(s) for E-9's

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
The subject of a correct spoiler for our Coupes has come up from time to time.

A neighbor showed up today with an original fiberglass Alpina spoiler that had never been mounted--he has two that he bought years ago--it correctly fit the BLUMAX below the stock bumper--a 1970 2800 CS and same for a 1972 3.0 CS sitting in the next garage space--temporarily keeping the BLUMAX company--both CS's have lowered front and rear spring sets--so with spoiler in place the ground clearance measured 4" on both cars--low enough to contact some speed bumps, certain driveways or parking stops.

Is there interest by anyone who may want to prep molds for reproducing same?--or who may want one of these?

daicos35

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I would love to see a picture of the spoiler, is it the one that sits somewhat underneath the front of the car as opposed to the original csl spoiler that comes down off the leading edge of the underbody?
thx Mike

shanon

Reaction score
very curious here, like to see it.
also like to know some numbers.

how about making a batch/small prod run?

-shanon
'70 2800 CS 'Alpina homage'

Dave L

Reaction score
Spoiler

I may want one of these. A few other details may need to be exposed to make a decision, the main one being price. I am presently arranging my return to Orange County (Hopefully for good this time). So I would have to hold off on acquiring this till the end of July, I expect to be back by then. Do you still occasionally attend saturday morning at "the cove"?

Dave L

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Alpina spoiler plans

reason for theAlpina spoiler info posted was to get an indication of interest re this type spoiler--they are not for sale at the moment.

We do not have the facilities nor the inclination to reproduce this part perhaps someone does--we are looking. The owner has not decided on a price for the originals or pricing of replicas should they be reproduced and available in the near term. In the less than 24 hours since my posting there appears to be some interest expressed so I'm sure that will influence his future decision--perhaps they would be a poular item.

I would say that when held to the car measured ground clearance in my 2800 CS and the 3.0CS appears to be 4"--kind of close to some speed bumps, parking stops and some driveways

The fit on both Coupes referenced was very clean--neither CS has been altered in the front both are still wearing original metal in the nose pieces and fenders--"wings" in Brit--there is a 2-3" curved end piece on the spoiler--it is shaped to conform and align with the lower front edge of the R/L fenders--attachment would be by screws into the lower valance brlow the bumper.

jrcalvin

Reaction score
I am sure there are several possibilities for having this Alpina spoiler reproduced in fiberglass. I have used a SoCal fabricator for reproducing Alpina e24 front and rear spoilers and the product was pretty good. I don't think quantity, whether 2 copies or 12 copies is an issue. It may depend more on who ends up owning the orginal mold, you or the fabricator.

jrcalvin

Reaction score
So it appears that the Alpina e9 front spoiler is already available from Mr Glasscars. How nice and the price seems reasonable too. So it is just a matter of whether you want a fiberglass copy of Alpina e9 spoiler or want to negotiate the price for the original Alpina fiberglass e9 spoiler.

shanon

Reaction score
Howdy Coupers,

Thought I'd share a couple pics of an Alpina air dam I've been looking out for. So far haven't see one. I beleive they were a couple 'generations/versions' :
One w/ brake ducting holes (Grp2/5 ?) and an earlier(?) one (street/road?)that sat 'deeper' underneath the nose and had no ducting 'ports'....

Don't know how to post a pic in the message so I uploaded them in the Gallery under Documentation.

HTH
-shanon

adamm

Reaction score
hi shanon/all, been away for sometime (buggering about with 02s...) but thought i should drop by and see what was going on in e9 Land...

i have an alloy version of this airdam - never realised it was alpina. it's painted in a rough black finish but there's not a mark on it - could be easily stripped and repainted (or maybe polished?) i have no use for it and have put it on ebay a couple of times but there have been no takers - being in the uk doesn't help i dont think! would there be any point in me making it available to the overseas markets or do you think carriage costs would kill any interest?

cheers