Alpina Steering wheel with hub and authentic Alpina shift knob

paul cain

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For Sale: one Alpina steering wheel with the correct hub for an E9. Complete with the horn button, sprung contact and wire. Also included is an original Alpina shift knob that has a few cracks in the center clear coat plastic. Wood in great shape. Parts ship from CA zip 92660. $425 for the pair. You pay shipping. I will ship worldwide.

Attachments

• IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0498.jpg
    IMG_0498.jpg
    529.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0497.jpg
    IMG_0497.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0496.jpg
    IMG_0496.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 105
That is actually a MOMO Alpina style steering wheel. What is the difference? Alpina is not engraved into the upper right spoke. Momo made these wheels and labeled them as such since they did not have the alpina name engraved into the upper right spoke. Ronal did virtually the same thing by making wheels that were identical to Alpina wheels but lacked Alpina cast into the center of the wheel.

You may want to check on the source of your information. I don't know Alpina parts well enough to have an opinion, but I know Paul well enough to know that he would do his homework before advertising something for sale here.

Just do some research as nobody is being accused of anything only clarifying what was advertised. You can look into some issues of the Roundel where that very style of steering wheel is advertised and it is shown as being called "The Alpina" Momo steering wheel. This is factual information not an opinion. Good on you to be a loyal watchdog but it is quite unnecessary in this case.

what i am not sure is, what did the original wheels from the 70's look like ... it is totally possible that they didn't say Alpina. as i remember, the original Alpina 3 spoke steering wheels (prototipo style) didn't say Alpina. new versions definitely say Alpina - here is a pic from W+N.
1720808510257.png

here is a pic of a vintage wheel on a 323i from the early 80's
1720808837619.png

Back