Alpina valve cover - German eBay

arnie

Reaction score
Stan,

this is not an Alpina part. Just a regular valve cover with added Alpina aluminum characters. Therefore way to expensive an somehow a bit embarrassing imho.

Search for an original one or do the copy, that most of the people wouldn't identify as such.

This one is nothing of both :lol:

cheers

Ingo

shanon

Reaction score
decal?

I have wondered if the Alpina logo on the valve cover in the 69-71 racers were a decal of some sort.

Looks like it could be from a motor pic of a test drive article of the '70 Alpina 2800cs.

Anyone know when they started making the M30 'Alpina' head covers, I'd wager mid 70s....?!

daddywad

Reaction score
alpina rocker cover

Hi all, I have an M30 rocker cover with "alpina" cast as part of the cover not stickers.

I am assuming this must be original "Alpina" anyone know?

mark

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Alpina cars had "Alpina" written on the air box on top of the carbs and not the valve cover.

shanon

Reaction score
to clarify

Alpina had there name on M30 valve covers in there '70 racing e9s. Decal or cast, cant make it out from pics from article, 1970.
I guess the question becomes were the race/press cars dressed differently from their customer cars?
Logo valve cover a kit option?

Anybody have an idea when the logo airbox/kit was first introduced? 72-3?
Its shown logo-less (prototype?) in the roadtest of Alpina's persol csl, LL L 502. The logo is small and Looks engraved on m30 valve cover.
(Pic in Bmw Alpina perfomance portfolio, pg 10.)

The mysteries....