Alpina Wheel refinish

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
This is getting quite Silly for anyone following my Alpina wheel issues. Finally drove out of town to pick up my 4 Alpinas with new Conti tires mounted. They looked nice in the shop, so I paid my bill and was on my way. When I got home I realized that they were finished in a Gloss finish rather than the Eggshell I had specified. I'll bet I have driven 300 plus miles back and forth by the time I get what I asked for. Anyway, I had the Black line painted 2mm outside the recess (Look the other way Chris!). The shop said they will wet sand them and shoot them with Satin Clear. Another two drives to go.

Here is a shot of one of my previously bent rims and the new original wheels I bought off a fellow forum member complete with Sears (Michelin) radials of unknown ancestry.

P1080016.jpg

P1080013.jpg

Hopefully I can get some work done on the bottom soon and move the ball one space forward.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bob,

Good thing you noticed and they are fixing the finish. It's one of those things that would have bothered you for years, believe me I know!

Chris

Stefan

Reaction score
Original from factory should be the 5-spoke (Pedrini).

Export to US was always fitted with Alpina rims?

If, and only if.....
I guessed that if original E9 was equipped with cross spoke rims it would be in the top of 5 nicest cars in the world for ever, at all similar lists.

Neither Pedrini or Alpina rims does not fulfill the E9 design to 100%, as I see it. :)