Another E9 on BAT -- '74 Euro CSi

Silvester

Site Donor $
Reaction score
With recent E9 sale prices on BAT, a 74 Euro CSi is up for bidding! This one's in Agave green and has a replacement carb'd 3.3L. It will be interesting how the market reacts given the past few cars on BAT.

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
The original color shows under the back seats, looks like it might have been Sienna originally.

Joshb

Reaction score
That would be my car. Yes I took the injection off when it became harder to get parts and I was looking to the future of keeping it running and easy to work on. As far as the grill that’s what came on the car when I bought it in 1988. Time and tide wait for no man so it’s time to give this one a new home.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hmmm, a euro 74 with four slat plastic grille? No replies needed!

How can you tell it's plastic? Is it because it's a 4 slat. Genuinely interested and trying to learn…

My 74 came with black 5 slat from the factory…

IMG_4705.jpeg

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Michael,
The 4 slat grills have a one piece plastic frame screwed/ riveted in from the back of the grill with the slats (black plastic somewhat like the fender and hood grills). You have what is typically known as the Csl grill with 5 (per side) black anodized slats.
Here you go.....

E09D0EF6-FAB5-4EA5-88C7-61F61D3D2E8B.jpeg

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Michael,
The 4 slat grills have a one piece plastic frame screwed/ riveted in from the back of the grill with the slats (black plastic somewhat like the fender and hood grills). You have what is typically known as the Csl grill with 5 (per side) black anodized slats.

Thanks Keshav. Appreciate that. Also I like the fact I have something CSL on my CSi :)

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
That would be my car. Yes I took the injection off when it became harder to get parts and I was looking to the future of keeping it running and easy to work on. As far as the grill that’s what came on the car when I bought it in 1988. Time and tide wait for no man so it’s time to give this one a new home.

You have a nice car! Good luck with it!

Although it would be AWESOME if Granatrot was the original color and the new owner paint it that.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Michael- Looks you have the original fiberboard tray that runs from the valance back. Not often seen!

Does anyone know the full story of these?

How can you tell it's plastic? Is it because it's a 4 slat. Genuinely interested and trying to learn…

My 74 came with black 5 slat from the factory…

View attachment 101270

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
All e3 and e9 came with the undertray. After removing multiple times to access oil filter and years of water sogging they got thrown away.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Michael- Looks you have the original fiberboard tray that runs from the valance back. Not often seen!

Does anyone know the full story of these?

I do but can't tell you much about it. I was looking for an very original car and luckily I found one that had had the same owner for 40 years!

Joshb

Reaction score
Thanks, the E9s are really finally starting to be appreciated for their beautiful design after all these years. Of course the exposure in movies and TV shows hasn’t hurt either