Another Interior Question: Seat Latch

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Are there particular years, models or interior when one uses the chrome seat latch cover and one uses the chrome with the black filler? Also anyone know the screw size (not listed in RealOEM)?

IMG_1625.JPG

I also have this rubber bit and I believe I know every piece of rubber/gasket on this car but this one IDK. It's about 15 or 20cm long. Thanks

IMG_1626.JPG

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Perhaps I should not have mixed the questions.........the rubber bit is not seat related, I have no idea where it goes or if it is for an E9. Brand new, no part number. Had it in a box of gaskets I bought 4 years ago at the start of this journey.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
My 72 original have the black insert.

Not sure of the size but mine are raised countersunk Phillips head which I also believe to be original.

516FD914-4018-4C5E-B4DE-653B1A0E99E4.jpeg
7CDD50D9-2DF6-488B-B835-8FC867D87530.jpeg

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
My '73 Coupe has the chrome with black sticker seat latch. Getting that sticker on straight w/o wrinkles takes a steady hand. I bought the sticker from W&N.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thank You guys. I think I found the original screws also. Now just have to make the holes and get it right the first time.

BTW, about 5 inches of powder today, I actually cleared the driveway with my leaf blower....................you may have owned one once.