Another one bites the dust

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Charlie- as a heads up to you/for you, I don’t need the motor.
This ones for you.
Those little splined bits that the wipers connect to? Pure unobtanium in Oz.
1000.00 a pair

Reactions: Wes

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hood latch handle inside fuse box door. The one you pull on to open the hood.
A paint shop needs it. Trying to help them out.
They will pay!

Don,

I may have an extra hood latch handle off a parts car that may clean up. Will check tomorrow. I will send it to you free with the parts box for David S this week.

AJ

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Don,

I may have an extra hood latch handle off a parts car that may clean up. Will check tomorrow. I will send it to you free with the parts box for David S this week.

AJ
Whooooo waaaa!

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Charlie- as a heads up to you/for you, I don’t need the motor.
This ones for you.
Those little splined bits that the wipers connect to? Pure unobtanium in Oz.
1000.00 a pair

Pretty well all E9 parts are Unobatnium in Oz....

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
If they read only "Mahle" and "BMW" I would surely appreciate the wheels. If they read "Mahle BBS" I would hope that you would save them for yourself but that isn't up to me. At any rate, if those caps are BBS please pop them off and tell me your price! Thanks!

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If they read only "Mahle" and "BMW" I would surely appreciate the wheels. If they read "Mahle BBS" I would hope that you would save them for yourself but that isn't up to me. At any rate, if those caps are BBS please pop them off and tell me your price! Thanks!
I did two CS Register badge runs and helped with a third. Nice to know at least the badge was saved. Sad about the rest that went to the crusher.

Honolulu

Reaction score
Momentary update: the owner's phone has gone dark, he does not answer messages. This means I'm unable to access the car and can't attend to the list of "little things" that members have asked for. I'll keep trying until I know it has been towed/crushed.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Typical seller's remorse. Seeing the interest the owner decided to restore tha car after all. We saw that with Aearch a few weeks ago.

Momentary update: the owner's phone has gone dark, he does not answer messages. This means I'm unable to access the car and can't attend to the list of "little things" that members have asked for. I'll keep trying until I know it has been towed/crushed.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for the efforts.

Honolulu

Reaction score
Arde you're a little harsh. In actuality the owner welcomes me to chip of all the bits I can. He was unknown to me until a few days ago and has been nothing but helpful since. I have his 1/4" and 3/8" sockets in my car since then and will return them to him tomorrow after one last visit to the car. Saturday is out, the lot is closed after Friday 5 p.m.

This also serves to put on notice all that have asked for this or that. I'll have my lunch break tomorrow to drive out there, meet Gary and get at the car. I'll stretch the time a little bit, but the 4speed trans isn't coming out, nor the diff, and probably not the wheels though maybe the caps. Tomorrow is for the highest number of little things ( I have a list) that I can quickly and easily snatch from the hulk. After that I'll be contacting various individuals about packaging and shipping.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
That's great. Hoping for a very productive and efficient visit. I suspect those bumper brackets will be too cumbersome - no worries. But still interested in the wheel. Good luck, and thanks again for you work on this!

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I was. But it was in the spirit of saving one more specimen of a threatened species...Oh, well.
Thanks for saving parts of it.

Arde you're a little harsh. In actuality the owner welcomes me to chip of all the bits I can. He was unknown to me until a few days ago and has been nothing but helpful since. I have his 1/4" and 3/8" sockets in my car since then and will return them to him tomorrow after one last visit to the car. Saturday is out, the lot is closed after Friday 5 p.m.

This also serves to put on notice all that have asked for this or that. I'll have my lunch break tomorrow to drive out there, meet Gary and get at the car. I'll stretch the time a little bit, but the 4speed trans isn't coming out, nor the diff, and probably not the wheels though maybe the caps. Tomorrow is for the highest number of little things ( I have a list) that I can quickly and easily snatch from the hulk. After that I'll be contacting various individuals about packaging and shipping.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's great. Hoping for a very productive and efficient visit. I suspect those bumper brackets will be too cumbersome - no worries. But still interested in the wheel. Good luck, and thanks again for you work on this!

One can actually pull the whole bumper very quickly with a socket set. The rear bumper is six bolts. The same for the front. All accessible, but a little more difficult for the front frame bolts. On the rear, if you remove the tail bolts first, the bumper will drop to the ground while pivoting on the fender bolts. You can’t do that with the front obviously.

Honolulu

Reaction score
Okay, guys and girls, I made one farewell visit during my lunch "hour" on Friday. Flextime.

I got most of what was asked for and will be contacting those who requested this or that, via PM or email if provided. Sadly I did not get the B-pillar emblems, they were screwed on from the inside and it was too much time/trouble (I tried) to clear out the junk in the car to get at them. They don't pry off. Did not get the very fragile black plastic fender grilles either, they are secured by bits difficult to access and remove easily. Didn't get the 4-speed trans; don't know if there was an LSD; didn't take the fuel injected cylinder head (have one already). The wheels stayed on the car but the caps came with me.

A forklift and wrecker (tow truck) were removing other vehicles from the yard while I was there. The coupe was pretty much in the "back" so I was not bothered, plenty other cars to drag off. Access to the lot is henceforward verboten. It's on a military base, and I have no Army pass at this time though I have had consultant access in days past.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Tanks Charlie. Sounds like a difficult situation. I can't imagine the frenzy to pull as much as possible - quickly - while your window of time is diminishing - a forklift piercing cars in the distance, the screams of which must have been audible. Sounds like mission impossible. ;)