Any interest in E9 t-shirts?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There is a guy who made some a year or so ago for me, actually the end of a run he did to sell at the 4 corners gathering.

Anyway, I was asking him about another run of shirts. His message to me...
I would not be against producing another run. Personally my own shirt has been well loved and I wouldn't mind having a backup for myself.

Production runs would be limited to a minimum order of ~25 shirts. If I am funding it and handling all transactions and shipping again I would likely want to keep the run size limited... depending of course on a few factors and how we go about getting a production run engaged.

How many shirts would you be interested in? What type of demand for this artwork do you believe is out there?

Unfortunately the shop I utilized to produce that run of black shirts, with their wash-out "no feel" inks has gone out of business. None of the other shops I have worked with currently offer this type of ink, to my knowledge. I would need to look around and make some calls to find someone to do it if the aim was to perfectly replicate the black shirts.

Obviously with greater production run numbers the prices per unit go down as setup fees are distributed across a larger base and bulk pricing drives the cost per blank shirt down further. I think I sold the original black shirts run at $25 a piece, though I would need to look it up if it matters.

So basically, it boils down to how much demand is there for this design? i wouldn't be against modifying or improving the artwork even if we are convinced we can move a decently sized run.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan,

there is a guy in the Seattle area (i believe) who does shirts every year for the e30 m3 crowd. Lance gets amazing shirts done ... they are known to the community as Lancewear. would you like me to find out who makes them for him?

scott

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan,

there is a guy in the Seattle area (i believe) who does shirts every year for the e30 m3 crowd. Lance gets amazing shirts done ... they are known to the community as Lancewear. would you like me to find out who makes them for him?

scott

Sure, I am not making money on this, just a conduit for possibly getting some cool shirts made. Either our E9-Driven logo or something like this...

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Stan,

What did the shirt look like?

I have been talking to a graphic designer friend recently about producing a shirt. I was in the "bizz" for many years and he is a great designer.

There are very few out there that I like. So many are kind of corny.

Not trying to but in on your efforts. Just thought I would let you know.
I don't have a design yet.

Gary

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Stan,

What did the shirt look like?

I have been talking to a graphic designer friend recently about producing a shirt. I was in the "bizz" for many years and he is a great designer.

There are very few out there that I like. So many are kind of corny.

Not trying to but in on your efforts. Just thought I would let you know.
I don't have a design yet.

Gary

Scroll back up there is a picture. The t shirt was black with a white pencil drawing of the E9 with a roof hoop, air dam, and no front bumper.

I myself would like a blue chambray shirt with E9-Driven logo above the pocket

Administrator

Administrator
Reaction score
My Graphic Designer son is working on one right now. Weird that everyone has been thinking about shirts lately. A friend makes them on the side, has been for years, and will make some up for my son and I to start with. I'll post pics once we're done in case anyone else is interested.

Dan

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Put me on the list too. I have one of the BMW Foundation e9 shirts with the lame "saving lives saving history" slogan on it.

Would love to have a better e9 shirt.

One comment: please don't scrimp on the quality of the material for the shirt. One of the little perks of the PVGP is the Allegheny Chapter of the BMWCCA always gets very nice quality from their t-shirt vendors.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
BMW CCA has one

At Legends I bought a nice 3.0CSL t shirt from the BMW CCA booth.

I am sure they have it on their website, of course I can't remember my password for that right now.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
If someone is willing to ship to Australia then I'm interested, as long as it's not corny, like "The best people drive E9s" or with ageist references or BMW corporate slogans or ......or perhaps I'll just wait and see what comes up.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
for anybody that is familiar with the e30 special interest group (sig), they would probably be familiar with the shirts that Lance makes. same basic shirt each year, big car image on the back small one on the front ... the difference is that each year its a different livery of the cars that raced and the different colors that he gets them made in. in order to get one, you must put your order if (color and size) and pay for them prior to them being made.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
CSL T-Shirt

I have seen Pelican Parts carries the Hunziker 1976 Batmobile Tee in a pale blue, looks nice. $25.
Hunziker also sells direct. $25. plus his website has a link to "wholesale" orders.
Mike

brea

Reaction score
Not one, but TWO t-sharks!

NMNA

I just saw this limited time sale posted for CSL Bat t-shirts that ends tomorrow.

This company does limited runs of various car related t-shirts with a running count down clock that limits the time frame for ordering.

http://blipshift.com/products/coupe...345965673&mc_cid=df572093ef&mc_eid=cd9f367b28

NMNA

Here is a link to another batch of $15 limited time available run of t-shark shirts:

https://www.blipshift.com/products/karmann-chameleon

https://www.blipshift.com/products/bimmerhead

Sales ends 6/26/2016

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I like the background with the tire marks- if they could somehow incorporate that into the T-shirt design I would be in for the BAT :) (even though I'll never own one) :-(