Any members in the Seattle area?

jhynesrockmtn

Reaction score
Just starting to look at E9's. I've got a couple old 911's that are morphing more into track cars and a couple of old Jaguars I'm slowly trying to sell. I've always loved the look of the E9 and want something as a semi daily driver that's more sporty than the Jaguar or Acura.

Any info appreciated, leads, shops that work on them, etc.

Thanks,
Jerry
Kirkland WA

Seattle

I'm here and I think there are a couple of others.
Did you check out the blue coupe in the classifieds with the 425 area code? it was on Craigslist here a few weeks ago and is still in our classifieds so it may still be available.

I did talk to that seller and will likely look at his car over the weekend.

Any local mechanics that are considered experts on these cars? I know the usual suspect Porsche guys but not familiar with who works on the olders Bimmers.

Thanks,
Jerry

Seattle area

Couldn't find the name and number of the person who was recommended to me. I have seen a coupe at the BMW place (which I think is called BMW Independent Service) that is kind of behind the gas station that is across from the Kawasaki shop on 140th NE and 20th NE. They said they did all of the service on it and at least one other. The local BMW club has an E9 interest group chairman who might be of some help.

Did you look at the one in the classifieds?

Stictley BMW

Is the name of the BMW shop across the street from the Kawasaki dealer. They installed a 3.5 in my coupe about 3 years ago and they had two coupes in the shop at that time. They are more into racing etc..but they were pleasant to deal with. I bought one of the coupes they were working on b/c the owner decided to abandoned the project. I think they sold the other car to a person who lives in Vancouver BC. If you use them, please tell them I sent you.
Mike Pelly
I purchased an 73 agave (geen) coupe from them with a 5 speed and fresh 3.5csi.

Seattle area 3.0csa

Just looked at one (1974) yesterday the owner is selling in West Seattle - most of the chrome off and interior out (all stored nicely)- nice running (weber conversion), good leather interior, body has some rust (fender, floor and rockers) but not all that bad. I would grab it but too small to live in (wife's opinion of where I would be living).

Back