Anyone have $450k cash they can loan me?

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh well, never mind then. Sooooo I'm perusing realtor.com at lunch, just because, and I come across what I would call my dream property. Acreage, a house built in the 20's or 30's, a big barn, a big detached garage and a building for storage.... and they all need renovation! The asking price is close to what it should be for someone who wants to buy it and live in it long term, but for investors it's priced a little high. The problem is, according to the listing agent the seller wants full asking price and cash only! So now I don't even feel like putting in an offer, although my realtor friend says we should just to make sure we've covered all our bases.

Call me crazy...

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/9261-Horseshoe-Bar-Rd_Loomis_CA_95650_M17618-12933

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
bargain! you should save this, get it before it gets all torn down and redeveloped....I mean it is exactly what you should have to safely store and restore Coupes...and I mean once you own this property, other Coupe opportunities just "present" themselves. You know you want this. At least go for a look-see! Let us know. Mike

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
bargain! you should save this, get it before it gets all torn down and redeveloped....I mean it is exactly what you should have to safely store and restore Coupes...and I mean once you own this property, other Coupe opportunities just "present" themselves. You know you want this. At least go for a look-see! Let us know. Mike

I've checked it out and talked with my realtor, who happens to be a long-time friend. I don't have the cash so all I can do is offer what I can. Its not really a "bargain" at the asking price because it needs a LOT of work, but there's no risk of not getting the value out of it in the future.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Weird. Its been on the market for three months and as soon as I look at it they accept an offer, and it wasn't me. :( I wasn't going to put in an offer, but after my friend sent me comps from the last year that sold in that area I feel like this one might have been the one. 9 1/2 ft ceilings and hardwood floors in good shape throughout the house (under the carpeting). I had my visions...

But, all is not lost. Now that I know my wife was really into that house we can be better prepared for the next opportunity. My gut tells me its better to wait until after the election and after this real estate run up settles down a bit.