anyone know if these will fit?

bimmerboy73

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=170187915850&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

was pondering looking at something slightly different for my first wheel purchase. These are still reminiscent of the 70's bbs but slightly more contemporary. I do plan on landing a set of staggered 16" aplinas, used at some point in the future (anyone out there looking to sell?) but they are difficult to come by at a reasonable price. The wheels pictured are available in 17" but the 20+ mm offset concerns me as i do not want to roll the fenders on the coupe. the 8" width up front is a ? as well.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

velocewest

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Rear will probably be fine -- the vintage BBS and Alpina alloys for the rear are 8x16, et23 or 24. Depending on tire selection you may be close to the fender lips.

Front will be tight. I've seen these wheels on only one e9, a gent in Oz has them, and IIRC he had to use spacers to clear the struts and had to trim the fender lips.

An 8" wide wheel is just a bit more than the e9 front bodywork was designed to accommodate.