Anyone know where I can get a set of rubber door seals new?

dj_efk

Reaction score
Hi all,

Walloth in Germany does them but they're over 230 euros *a side* !! :shock:

Does anyone know where I can get new ones cheaper? I'm talking about the biggest seals that seal most of the door aperture on the car body itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David.

dj_efk

Reaction score
Hi all,

Walloth in Germany does them but they're over 230 euros *a side* !! :shock:

Does anyone know where I can get new ones cheaper? I'm talking about the biggest seals that seal most of the door aperture on the car body itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David.

simoniko

Reaction score
Hi

Hi david , only walloth or jaymic the same price or dealer 30% more than jaymic or walloth ! The prices of these two is too high i think !
The seal you are looking for is made from three pieces , upper ,lower and middle buffer !

simoniko

Reaction score
Hi

Hi david , only walloth or jaymic the same price or dealer 30% more than jaymic or walloth ! The prices of these two is too high i think !
The seal you are looking for is made from three pieces , upper ,lower and middle buffer !

TRIPPFONTAINE

Site Donor
Reaction score
I purchased a set from a seller in Germany. He had a selection of seals and his prices were competitive. 155 Euros I think was what I paid for door seal.
Took a little while to ship but all was in order when they arrived.

This is his e-mail.
[email protected]

no association etc...

TRIPPFONTAINE

Site Donor
Reaction score
I purchased a set from a seller in Germany. He had a selection of seals and his prices were competitive. 155 Euros I think was what I paid for door seal.
Took a little while to ship but all was in order when they arrived.

This is his e-mail.
[email protected]

no association etc...

jmackro

Reaction score
You're all going to laugh at this, but I bought generic seal material from McMaster-Carr for $1.73/foot. Look at their p/n 1120A231. True, it won't work for the upper part of the seal - the part that goes against the glass. But for the lower part - the section that abuts the metal door - it works great.

hans3

Site Donor
Reaction score
Alternately, consider buying just one to replace whichever seal is in worse condition, then salvage its good sections to repair the other side's seal. The rubber part of these seals is easy to cut with scissors. The top has a plastic backbone that is best cut with a dremel. I believe you'll have to cut the new one anyway as they come a bit long. Use black weatherstrip adhesive to fill in small gaps. This technique works well when tidying up the area where the seal ends and the rear quarter window begins.

hans3

Site Donor
Reaction score
Alternately, consider buying just one to replace whichever seal is in worse condition, then salvage its good sections to repair the other side's seal. The rubber part of these seals is easy to cut with scissors. The top has a plastic backbone that is best cut with a dremel. I believe you'll have to cut the new one anyway as they come a bit long. Use black weatherstrip adhesive to fill in small gaps. This technique works well when tidying up the area where the seal ends and the rear quarter window begins.