Anyone want an Alpina CSL k-fish injection system?

DJSimca

Reaction score
Over 8000 Euros when I checked :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Unbelievable amount of money for a piece of kit which may not even work !

x_atlas0

Reaction score
At least the thing is complete this time, there have been several auctions lately for just the intake manifold, unless I misread the descriptions.

Malc

Reaction score
If the system on my 2002Tii is anything to go by then it's going to be fun setting that up :?
Silly thing is if you put "modern" injection on an E9 engine you will end up with more horsepower
However each to their own

schnell540

Reaction score
Malc said:
If the system on my 2002Tii is anything to go by then it's going to be fun setting that up :?
Silly thing is if you put "modern" injection on an E9 engine you will end up with more horsepower

So, what do you have on your tii?

I have an Alpina A4 injection on my 2002 touring and it is completely different, although very similar (oxymoron?). This is a slide throttle (which was also made for the four clydiners). Slide throttles don't work well on the street at all, but are great for racing. The A4 has butterflies, and is a fine street injection.

And, yes, I could get more power out of an EFI four throttle system.

Malc

Reaction score
My Tii has "standard" Kugelflischer (Spelling) mechanical injection.
THe Alpina system shown has a Kugelflisher pump. In addition the linkage bits for the throttle body and the housings, note that the pump is driven from the Camshaft. On a 2002Tii it's driven from the Crankshaft

Parts that appear to be missing are
The camshaft extension
The toothed wheel from the camshaft extension
The front cover

However they may be included, my German isn't that good
And I gues you could make the parts required. Finally you would need the drive belt.

schnell540

Reaction score
Yeah, I often Alpina A4 injection systems for sale with various parts missing, most often the unique injection lines from the K-fish to the injectors. But, the linakge, the unique Alpina K-fish pump, etc. often are not there. And the airboxes are very rare -- but not as rare as the Alpina thriple weber airboxes for our cars.....

The nice thing about mechanical injection is that there is no hesitation when you step on the gas. Otherwise EFI works alot better.

chicane

Reaction score
Malc said:

+2. I was thinking the exact same thing. In fact for the price that this thing will fetch I could have a RACE ENGINE built with a custom EFI system that would dust this setup. BUT, if you were rebuilding an actual vintage CSL racecar you would absolutely have to have something like this. Chances are the guy buying this thing is going to end up have a very expensive paperweight because these systems are very complex.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
schnell540 said:
... various parts missing, most often the unique injection lines from the K-fish to the injectors

feel free to contact me privately if you need the lines fabbed for your setup.

Orangener

Reaction score
Auctions ended:

BMW Alpina Schieberanlage für E9 3.0 CSL Flachschieber for 15.250,00 Euro http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280213465670&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018
BMW Alpina Kugelfischer Pumpe Schieberanlage E9 3.0 CSL for 3.646,00 Euro http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280213465859&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018
BMW Alpina Stirndeckel für Schieberanlage E9 3.0 CSL for 1.809,00 Euro http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280213465547&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

20.705,00 Euro ! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Congratulations !

chicane

Reaction score
x_atlas0 said:
Man, I'm in the wrong business. 30k for some NOS parts. You could probably remake it for cheaper.

I could buy a really nice coupe for that kind of cash.

DJSimca

Reaction score
Orangener said:
Auctions ended:

20.705,00 Euro ! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

This is completely bonkers if you ask me :roll: :shock:

As others point out you can have a very nice, reliable and powerful engine built for this kind of money or indeed buy a very nice car ... like for instance a CS/CSi

Malc

Reaction score
The high pressure lines that are missing can be replaced with Goodridge style lines, which are probably safer. If you want an original style line the material is available, it's used in the oil industry for hydraulic control lines
Malc