Aussie CSi???

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice car. Non-factory colour I assume.
Think it's too cheap if had all the work claimed to a high standard.

Frankie123

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice car. Non-factory colour I assume.
Think it's too cheap if had all the work claimed to a high standard.
I agree, it’s probably on the lower side of what I would think it’s worth with the work stated. Probably why it’s only taken a day to be put on hold for someone to view I’m assuming.
Seller should definitely hold out for full asking price in my opinion

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nearly 70k GBP..... great price for A 3.0 CS auto converted to a manual to look like a csi !!!

Sale of this car, at that price , has pushed the values up for the other models....happy xmas

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
We also just had a barn-find in Aus sell at auction in November for A$75K including buyers fee. Looks good in the photo, but having inspected, needs easily another $100k to restore (although cheaper no doubt if a DIY resto). It was a beautiful spec - white on red. All original and very rare being an Australian delivered and compliance plated E9. Also a matching numbers car.

Prices are very strong in Australia for many classics lately.

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 3.39.19 pm.png

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
We also just had a barn-find in Aus sell at auction in November for A$75K including buyers fee. Looks good in the photo, but having inspected, needs easily another $100k to restore (although cheaper no doubt if a DIY resto). It was a beautiful spec - white on red. All original and very rare being an Australian delivered and compliance plated E9. Also a matching numbers car.

Prices are very strong in Australia for many classics lately.

View attachment 106979

Throw in the GST, freight and fees and that's around 90k for a project.
Even if you do almost all the work yourself it's still a minimum 50K restoration if everything goes to plan (it never actually does though) - ask me how I know..
You would be almost better off buying the pulled down CSi on Gumtree for 55k.

*For those overseas Gumtree is like Craigs List. We don't actually hang things out of trees to sell them.