Australian 2000 CS

Henry2000cs

Reaction score
Finally, after a few weeks being in and out of this forum, i have my membership activated. Thanks, Mod!

Hi Guys,
After having a 2002 in a few months, i did more and more research and felt in love with E9, 2000cs to be exact! A rare bird i had to own. Being in Australia, I always wanted RHD car and the only source to get is from UK. Wrong. It came up on Ebay sometime ago and i bought it, unseen. Always, NOT A GOOD IDEA. I paid way way way too much for it. The seller told me Big BS, it had surface rust, and running motor. Easy restoration!:mrgreen:
In fact, it s a bucket rust, and money pit restoration. Lesson learned.
My mechanic suggested me to part it. I did agree, but long story short. I want to keep her. So i need big supports here, guys.

She has a few big rusty holes on the panels, the worst ones are the floor pans and rear windshield frame.

My mechanic quoted $2000 for labour to get her up and running, not included electrical. The parts would cost me about $2500.

Interior, i can blackmail my bro in law for it. He can do every single seat re-covers, head liner, sunroof, and carpet.

Panels, i will get a quote this weekend, if it s over my budget i may do it myself with fibreglass, i have seen some people using fiberglass for floor pans, windshields frame, etc. .. Any thought?

http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/tech/0306pon_windshield_channel_repair/index.html

Rubbers: i know e9 rubbers are the most expensive, does anyone ever replace it with any generic buy-per-meter rubber?

Here are some pics
c6f65137.jpg

BMW%202000CS
BMW%202000CS
e65bc198.jpg
392ad8f4.jpg
31ac51c5.jpg
e8e50ce2.jpg
dabeb6bf.jpg
533622af.jpg
88f3d36e.jpg
8a9fe601.jpg

Tierfreund

Reaction score

Henry2000cs

Reaction score
It s so quite here.. LOL

Ok i decided to pour some money with my new credit card. Anyone know where can i find sunroof cover material/ replacement?

Ta

audiomagnate

Reaction score
I'm restoring a 2000CS that I've owned since the 70's. I hate to say it, but that looks like a parts car. We call that a Fred Flintstonemobile here in the US. Mine is a money pit, but your's is a financial meltdown in the making. You need to find a better candidate, IMO. Sorry, but I've been throwing away money on 2000CS's for decades. On the positive side it looks all original and you have some parts I want! Unless your budget is in the 50K US zone, that car is unrestorable.

Last edited:

Henry2000cs

Reaction score
audiomagnate , your cs looks amazing.... like the color, but i think i will keep it chamonix.. every discouragement makes me want to finish the car, with low budget in good stock quality..

Ebonix

Reaction score
G'day Henry2000

Like you, i also bought a sight unseen 1967 2000 CS, manual etc etc and same as you, 2 rear floor pans gone, no rear screen, everything else is intact but no working engine (twin Solex). Currently i've been in a stripping stage for the last 7 months, back to bare metal, just finished stripping all the underside and having just finished repainting the rear springs, trailing arm, differential etc. Kinda working from the bottom up and i'll get the panel beaters to do all the priming, filling etc. For what it's worth, you may as well source an after market sheet metal worker to make floor pans for you, i'm in the process of talking to a guy at the moment.

Perhaps we can exchange some info and tech advice if you're interested, what area are you in?

Cheers!

PS see some of my other posts for pics, haven't taken any lately, will do this weekend.